• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

The music in the vault has always been hit and miss, but I would say it’s definitely too quiet at the moment. Especially when the octagon is full blast.

However the sooner those close those fire doors the better.

I need this view next time I'm at Towers :p

unknown.png

The music in the vault has always been hit and miss, but I would say it’s definitely too quiet at the moment. Especially when the octagon is full blast.

However the sooner those close those fire doors the better.

I remember even as far back as 2003. The subwoofers in the vault used to have issues where they would cut out now and again. Probably loose connections. When it did work properly though, that BOSE system sounded amazing, across the whole ride.

I agree with the volumes now, it is too quiet. I needs to be lould to give it that extra edge, and sounds amazing when it is.

The musical score in the vault is up there with the best pieces of theme park music if you ask me, a true work of art. It deserves to be heard lould!

The musical score in the vault is up there with the best pieces of theme park music if you ask me, a true work of art. It deserves to be heard lould!

The vault score for Hex is really wonderful, no wonder the park used it again for the second edition version of the pre-show film. So much richer and more wondrous than much of what IMAScore produce today, especially that lovely, psychedelic outro after the tree has illuminated and the room rests.

What I find in the vault, is that the pre ride announcements are really loud “we need four people on a bench” etc. But when the ride starts it’s really quiet. So either there are different systems in place or one track is much louder than the other one.

Given that Hex is only on 15 mins currently, am I right in assuming that guests are queueing in the Armoury again? Fantastic if so. :)

Yeah, this has been the case since restrictions lifted I believe.

I was wondering if anyone else has ridden recently and noticed the ride struggling a bit? We had one ride recently where the show sequence (lighting, audio etc) played but we remained entirely stationary. On my most recent ride, there was a noticeable sluggishness to the movement of the gondola itself, something that other members of my party also noticed. I could be entirely wrong and these two rides might've just been a strange anomaly, but I'd be interested to hear what other have experienced recently.

I haven't been on it since May but it was working fine then. One thing that has always puzzled me though. I have been riding this since it opened back in 2000 and I can't remember - was the ending sequence different? By that I mean at the moment after the climax of the music, with the room upside down and the face on show and strobe lights, the music dies down with the "tinkling and synth sounds", the lights come back on straight away and you see the vault return to it's parking position.

Has it ever been so that after the climax and room is upside down, the lights stay off while the vault returns to park then the lights come on? To me, that would be so much more impressive - the last thing you see is room upside down then next, a few seconds later when the lights come back on, everything is back to normal.

Has it ever been so that after the climax and room is upside down, the lights stay off while the vault returns to park then the lights come on? To me, that would be so much more impressive - the last thing you see is room upside down then next, a few seconds later when the lights come back on, everything is back to normal.

Have also been riding it since 2000, and the vault sequence has always been as it is today. If I were to pick a flaw in Hex, and I generally believe it to be relatively flawless when all in working order, its that the strobe-lit suspension above the witch's face lasts just a few seconds too long. I really like the room 'resetting' as a climax, but agreed that the trick of everything suddenly having returned to normal would be cool.

Yeah, this has been the case since restrictions lifted I believe.

I was wondering if anyone else has ridden recently and noticed the ride struggling a bit? We had one ride recently where the show sequence (lighting, audio etc) played but we remained entirely stationary. On my most recent ride, there was a noticeable sluggishness to the movement of the gondola itself, something that other members of my party also noticed. I could be entirely wrong and these two rides might've just been a strange anomaly, but I'd be interested to hear what other have experienced recently.
I was thinking on my last ride that the drum started swinging too late as the sequence started but it might just be me getting that wrong.

Still is a great ride. Yet the speakers in the vault have still not been fixed .... nowhere near as loud as it was and this has been a few seasons now. I did let them know yet sadly its not been fixed.