• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

I think been 22 years old now it needs just updating with a updated storyline as when I went on it last in 2019 during the 3 pre show rooms many guests were just talking or on there phones.
Like the Haunting at Drayton Manor has had 4 different story lines over its 26 year history.

Can I just be the 100th person to say NO?

I've not been able to ride for a couple of years, but if not a lot has changed since then all that is required is some improved audio in general and theatrics in the octagon.

I love the storyline but I had heard many ask the member of staff if they could skip all the pre shows as they seen it many times and just go on the ride instead they told them no so walked back out again.

For those of you who just needed confirmation that Jim Carter is indeed the voice of Hex, this is from his interview on Zoe Ball's show on Monday 25th April (available until 23rd May-ish). I was driving to Thorpe Park with my partner and she sent this message in (play from 2hr 20min 11sec) :
(EDIT: I should say I didn't know she had sent it in so nearly crashed the car on the M4 when I heard it!)

Last edited:
......please now move forward to witness the story of Hex, the legend of the towers.

I think that's what it says anyway. Haven't rode for a year.

For those of you who just needed confirmation that Jim Carter is indeed the voice of Hex, this is from his interview on Zoe Ball's show on Monday 25th April (available until 23rd May-ish). I was driving to Thorpe Park with my partner and she sent this message in (play from 2hr 20min 11sec) :
(EDIT: I should say I didn't know she had sent it in so nearly crashed the car on the M4 when I heard it!)
'My voice came on and my daughter ran out screaming' 😂😂😂

Electronic part are taking up to 6 months to get into the country atm due to brexit / manufacturing shortages ….
When I part-ex'd my car for a brand new one in January (which is still on order!), they told me that if you want a new Audi, you could be waiting for up to 18 months! All due to the chip shortage.

So I can fully understand the delay to Hex opening if it is down to something electronic that comes from China via Europe.

I noticed on the app height restrictions have been made more accessible - have you always had to have been 1.2m to ride Hex without an adult? Or is that new? Seems quite harsh?

I wish they had shot the main cinema room video in film, rather than video. The relatively low quality of the video is highly noticeable now in 2022 in the age of Ultra HD screens everywhere, be it your home, TV or phone, our eyes are used to much higher resolution stuff than what we see on there now.

It doesn't even look vintage due to it being a digital video. Due to the video being such an instrumental part of the experience, it is a shame they cannot sort this.

If they did film it in film, (pun intended) rather than video. It would be nice if they could remaster the video from the original source to bring the low resolution up to scratch. That is the only thing IMO that lets it down. In 2022 it looks like we are watching a bandwidth constrained low quality YouTube video, not a video in a a top quality dark ride.

It would be nice if the other videos could be re mastered also. This obviously relies on the original source being filmed in film rather than video and the original source being available.

I guess they could use AI upscaling but the results can be sort of mixed on that depending what upscaling method you use. The fact the stuff was shot in 1999/2000 really is showing now in terms of the resolution of what you watch.

Last edited: