• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Historical Alton Towers Items

This is absolutely wonderful of you to share, it's amazing to see just how much stuff is left in the past and not drawn back on in the present... well alongside you finding all this material! :p

Excellent to see some of that old stuff. How did they ever get away with the 'the fantasy of Disneyland' tagline promotions?!

Wow what a fantastic collection you have there, thank you so much for sharing it with us! To say I'm jealous is an understatement. I wish I had maps and other leaflets dating back that far, my current collection of Towers stuff is only from the last few years.

:)

Ever thought of combining your historical knoweledge with Squiggs, Baryzola?

Forming some sort of mutant historical genius?! Could be great for input into the new history section of the site

That's one hell of a collection there! Incredible to see how much you've accumulated - really interesting :)

Ash said:
Ever thought of combining your historical knoweledge with Squiggs, Baryzola?

Forming some sort of mutant historical genius?! Could be great for input into the new history section of the site

I'm liking 'Mutant Historical Genius' :)

Seriously though, Squiggs is obviously very, very knowledgeable about the past at Alton Towers and he can more than manage on his own as he has done before. We've had a couple of brief online conversations in the distant-ish past about certain little things around the Towers' history so I'm sure he knows he can give me a shout to confirm or discuss anything that he may want to at any time along the way, or anything to do with the history (material etc) really.

Thanks for the comments aswell folks, it's taken many, many years to build the collection up to what it is now, and I'm still really interested when I'm lucky enough to get my hands on something I havn't seen before :)

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but my area of particular interest (although it all interests me at the Towers) has always been the gardens, and last year I finished a 72 page book/booklet on the history of the gardens complete with the history of each feature, an A4 map featuring the 64 features that are in the book/booklet and also accompanying photo's past and present. Only a few people have had a copy of it so far (Gary Kelsall - Alton Towers Heritage, Di Jones who did the archive at the Towers and the chap who bought the Corkscrew car). I was trying to find a way of getting about 50-100 printed up but I wasn't getting far as I've not tried anything like that before, then I've been doing my history work at Uni since so that particular job went on the back burner for a while. I need to look into it again really......

Great collection there and seems to have grown greatly since I saw it last. I think it should be reasonably easy to get 50-100 copies printed and I'd say you'd be almost certain to sell them via your site or the various forums/fan sites. I'd certainly buy a copy and I'm sure many others will too with this being a unique product!