• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Holiday Park - General Discussion

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
logo.png

According to Screamscape, Holiday Park may be getting a new themed restaurant for 2013 and a new coaster in 2014:

2013 - Small Improvements - (12/31/12) Interesting developers are underway at Holiday-Park from what I’m told. It seems the old Dolphinarium show site, which was used for multi-media shows for years after the Dolphins left the park, has been torn down to make new green space. A new themed restaurant is said to be on the way in 2013 for Maya Land however.
2014 - New Coaster - Rumor - (12/31/12) Rumor has it that Holiday-Park was looking at installing a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter style coaster for the 2014 season, but as Tripsdrill is installing the same kind of ride, Holiday-Park may have gone back to the drawing board to come up with a new coaster plan for 2014.

:)

I think it will be interesting to see what Plopsa do with Holiday Park. In many ways, it's new territory for them as it's by far the biggest park in the chain and it's in one of the most competitive regions in the world as far as theme parks go. I think that it's possible that they have plans to make it their new flagship park as there's clearly a space issue at Plopsaland and it must limit what they can do there. It would be bit like when Tussaud's bought Alton after they realised another big coaster at Chessington would be impossible.

If the new entrance is anything to go by, I'm looking forward to see what they do and I think that Plopsa are capable of turning it into a park that can rival Europa and Tripsdrill. The improvements next year could be an indication that they're doing more to assert their brand on the park.

A new major coaster of any type is also excellent news. Even if the last major coaster happened to be one of the best coasters in the world, that was still over ten years ago and all they've got since is a third hand wild mouse.

Thought I may as well bring back this thread from the dead rather than start a new topic or post in the 2014 Holiday Park topic.

Anyway, as we know Plopsaland De Panne are rumoured to be getting a new wooden coaster in 2016 and it appears this may be a GCI. Well it now seems that the Plopsa group may be negotiating to purchase two coasters from GCI with the second going to Holiday Park:
Loopings said:
Plopsaland is working on plans for a wooden coaster, but maybe it does not stop there. Plopsa negotiates the purchase of a second wooden roller coaster, which is intended for the German Holiday Park.

Reported that the website of Adventure Park. The Plopsa group would builder roller coaster at Great Coasters International two 'woodies' want to order one for De Panne in western Belgium and a Holiday Park in Germany. Both acquisitions are likely to be announced officially in January next year.

Plopsa makes no secret of that Holiday Park is facing a shortage of attractions. "What Holiday Park currently needs is a small roller coaster," says director Steve Van den Kerkhof thereon. "That moment has priority."
Source

Interesting! Could this be a big thrill woodie? Or maybe they will get a smaller one (maybe that shuttle concept that GCI promoted at IAAPA last year) to fill the small coaster gap in the park?

Whatever happens I cannot wait for 2016, the year that Europe rules the coaster world for new additions!

It has a roof... I repeat, Expedition GeForce finally has a roof!!

10429413_919388618092885_2000655444801277687_n.jpg

1601597_919389098092837_5185471888802814059_n.jpg

The above images were posted today on the Holiday Park Facebook page, showing the start of the basic framework for the long awaited station building on the world famous coaster! Admittedly it does look some what basic, but I guess they are limited to what they can do due to the space. It will be interesting to see if it comes out as a generic building or if it will receive some of Plopsa's signature themeing style!

Either way, it shall be a massive improvement on the old scaffolding clad open-air platform! :D

At least they were able to run it on two trains in August! When we were there in April they only had one train on the system! :p

Good to see a station is being built though, hopefully it is up to Plopsa's usually high standards.

B'bye Bounty Tower.

10974182_928263437205403_7643165384085993347_o.jpg

10321507_928263630538717_1221673769293009458_o.jpg

10943786_928263757205371_888788735080393198_o.jpg

Holiday Park said:
Sail away...nach 20 wonderful years leaves the bounty Tower our port and goes on to new shores. But soon at this point:... you must be pleased! :)

10397212_931130623585351_3014072765014682531_o.jpg

HoPa said:
You want a photo? Get a photo! Here the new attraction "Sky fly" (opening 1 July 2015) from the hand of the plopsa-Designer. Who wants to real flights of fancy?

Come back Condor, all is forgiven.

Nor much good. They seem to be springing up everywhere.

Legoland Germany have one which makes this all the more suprising.