• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How are you spending the Platinum Jubilee weekend?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As many of you probably know, today marks the start of a 4-day weekend in the UK to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee; she has spent 70 years on the throne. So I’d be intrigued to know; how are you guys spending it? Are you doing anything to mark the Jubilee? Are you doing anything else fun? Or are you simply waiting for it to end?

Personally, I (perhaps controversially) have no strong feelings towards the Royal Family. I don’t have an issue with them, but I don’t really worship them either. With that in mind, I’m not personally doing too much to celebrate.

However, my family are quite staunch royalists, and I know we’re having some sort of jubilee party tomorrow. I’d also that every jubilee event is being watched in our household (I know for a fact that my mum and nan are downstairs watching one of the parades now, in fact), so Jubilee fever will certainly be quite present in our house over the weekend, I’m sure!

But how are you spending the 4-day weekend?

Working in central London on all 4 days and temporarily regretting my life choices. A case of running to work from the tube station and locking myself in the theatre to avoid the crowds I think. 😅

I've had about 4.5 hours sleep in the 3 days leading up to it so probably sleeping through all of it.

Working in central London on all 4 days and temporarily regretting my life choices. A case of running to work from the tube station and locking myself in the theatre to avoid the crowds I think. 😅
Oh wow, bet the tube is going to be awful, although I bet your shows are fully booked out too with everyone off work?

I’ve enjoyed seeing all the bunting and stuff when out and about, it’s nice to see communities come together instead of always bickering over politics and what not. But I’ve got no plans to actually get involved myself. Just going to chill at home for the most part. Not big into the royals really and I’m off this week anyway so the extra two days bank holiday make zero difference to me.

Just about to go in the garden, see if I can see the flypast heading off to buzz over Lizzies house. Village fete this afternoon.

Working tomorrow. £££££

Mingo Land today, I had an offer of some free tickets which I wasn’t so fussed on taking today as I predicted that it would be very busy (which it is). But I thought hey, it’s a nice day to just enjoy the zoo and and farm with the kids and maybe there might be a small chance of seeing the 10 inversion coaster testing (I can’t even bring myself to use the “S” word”) so here I am.

Well the coaster isn’t testing yet but they do have the train sat there on the lift hill.

93fdb0aef93bb687ac2f820b8e40d182.jpg

eeaac7b16b873a0f8d53755d3a45784b.jpg

The part of the park with the kangaroos, flamingos, penguins, and rheas was really nice to walk through and enjoy the nice weather.
ee830ea37d3881f57d785bb091b0de43.jpg

5e4c377fd46813eb7b24b3cf6d0d5f39.jpg

f4785522bf79e561797314d9df94be3b.jpg

2ed69b962cd1733bf07ed87fe2c4e3c8.jpg

Edit - And it did test! This is going to be a fantastic ride.

d43ee70c48124d4ab0a691b112954f8c.jpg

dd36930884848226cffa8efe07518ae1.jpg

Last edited: