• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How to make the most of your money at Alton towers

Maya

TS Member
This topic will tell you how to go to alton towers and not spend like crazy,but still have a great time!
Feel free to contribute.
1) Use bogof vouchers upon arrival.
2) Book on internet to have early ride time
3) Going with 2+ friends? Get them all to bring empty drinks bottles, and then pay their share into the £5.00 refillable bottles. Fill it up and then tip some into each bottle.

Not sure if this counts but:

- In the last half an hour of park opening, go to all of the big rides, and they will most likely be walk on as everyone will be either in the shop, or eating. ;D

5)Go onto rides at 11-2:30 and eat at around 3ish, as most people will be eating between 12 and two (making smaller queues)

6*) bring your own lunch and eat it in the queue for Rapids or the Flume (as riding either of those after eating shouldn't be a problem...)

I'm counting NemesisDude's as 5

I love eating out at Alton! It's one of the highlights of the day. I find the food selection pretty good, and you can also get some good deals.

Also - the refil cups are not meant to be poured out into others' containers. If you are caught doing this the cup is likely to be confiscated.

:)

AstroDan said:
I love eating out at Alton! It's one of the highlights of the day. I find the food selection pretty good, and you can also get some good deals.
When I think of Alton food I think of the BBQ ribs... So its a highlight for me too!

AstroDan said:

Also - the refil cups are not meant to be poured out into others' containers. If you are caught doing this the cup is likely to be confiscated.

:)

This is one of those morality questions though really and the likley hood of having the cup taken off you, have you ever seen this? I doubt it.

My contribution though is - Car pool to save £6

Learn the map and how to get about so time isn't wasted travelling to and from attractions. If you want to get a height ride count for your money, don't daudle.

Also if the skyride queue is longer than half an hour then it would take less time to walk.

Plan, Plan and Plan! Some people waste half their day by not planning and doing rides in a totally random order. For example doing Nemesis then over to Duel, over the Oblivion and then the skyride to Air would be totally wrong and would waste time.

If you can try and do all the rides in one area at a time, that means you wont have to go back there again later if you wish to get as many different rides as possible.

I would say just use annual pass discount tbh every time I go towers it's amazing and don't really care about money when I'm there

Ride your beloved ride first so you don't have to wait as much which can lead to having time for a second chance later. Not Alton specific but works for me and walk-on 10am Oblivion with multiple rides in a row.

If a ride is walk on and you like it, ride it again.