• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

HP² - April 2022

Doxical

TS Member
Favourite Ride
F.L.Y.
My trip went from 25.04. - 29.04. First I stayed overnight in Lübeck and took the train to Hansa Park (like I did in 2020). For Heide Park I stayed in Soltau and took the shuttle bus.

Hansa Park

The weather was perfect for the day. Sunny but not too hot. Fortunately the park was really empty. Without exaggeration everything was a walk on or station wait (except one time at Kärnan but even 20 minutes was low for this ride). For Novgorod I often could ride twice before other guests entered the station. Speaking of Novgorod, I totally forgot how powerful the launch feels like. This was my second ride of the day (I first rode Nessie) so that was a nice wake up.

After that I went to Kärnan. Because of the pandemie I could not visit the indoor queue line the last time I was there but this year it‘s back open. At one part I almost hit the wall because it‘s quite dark ^^“ During my five rides on Kärnan I only got the first row once. I also gathered up my courage and raised my arms up in the air more often during the rides instead of holding on the entire time. The ride operators were pretty chill and funny this day. I like the guys at Novgorod and this old dude at Super Splash.

I didn‘t ride Crazy Mine this time because I do not enjoy wild mouse coasters at all. Highlander was closed most of the day. Only the last one to two hours it was open for public. I heard from scotsman‘s ride op the tower is often on maintenance since start of the season. The ride op was talking to two dudes in front of me (we were sitting in the train, waiting for more guests to join in the ride). They also talked about the Icon park incident. They were quite informed and not some clueless dudes. (I‘ll stop talking about it here; I just want to mention this part of my day).

At the park I purchased a Kärnan hoodie and two ride photos. At the end of the day I walked to the beach to chill and to watch the sea.

My top 3 rides at this park:

1) Flucht von Novgorod
2) Der Schwur des Kärnen
3) Nessie

This was not an easy decision. I also have considered to buy a shirt from Novgorod but I like the design of Kärnan a bit more. Kärnan does a better job regarding the total package. I love the story, visuals and music. But I enjoy the sole ride experience on Novgorod more. It‘s more fun and not too intense (minus the launch) for my taste.

Coaster count:

Flucht von Novgorod 10x
Der Schwur des Kärnan 5x
Nessie 4x
Royal Scotchman 2x
Schlange von Midgard 1x

IMG_20220426_095445.jpg

IMG_20220426_095617.jpg
IMG_20220426_095607.jpg
IMG_20220426_115547.jpg

IMG_20220426_105156.jpg
IMG_20220426_122915.jpg
IMG_20220426_150538.jpg

IMG_20220426_181935.jpg

Heide Park

The weather this day was beautiful as well. This time the park felt more busy. Lots of school trips. Teenagers everywhere. I decided to wear my Kärnan hoodie and a few ride operators complimented me for it. One guy said I‘m at the wrong park.

I first went to Krake and waited around 20-30 minutes. Kinda understandable. It‘s the first coaster on the left side and the coaster was on one train (later the day it changed to two trains). I liked it very much. I said in the other thread I haven‘t rode a dive coaster before. But basically it‘s not much different than some Gerstlauer coasters I did with a vertical drop. The ride was smooth and a nice start for the day.

Big Loop next. It was okay-ish. A bit rattly and your Corkscrew trains a very bulky.

Flug der Dämonen has also build up a 20-30 minutes wait. I really enjoy this coaster. The restrains a very comfortable and the elements are fun. Now it‘s set. Wing coasters join my preferred types of coasters (next to flying and inverted).

Bobbahn was kinda lame for my taste. I also did Limit because why not. My shoulders hurt after it. The elements are great but the restraints are killing it.

Colossos was a 5 minute wait. Great! I rode this wooden coaster back in 2012. My memory could be blurry, but I think the coaster is not as airtime heavy as it used to be. Especially the first drop.

Desert Race is fine. Not bad, not spectacular. It was my first launch coaster I did way back in 2012.

After Desert Race I did some flat rides, Ghostbusters dark ride, took a picture with Toothless and started to do rerides. The crowd spread out and the queues were short again (10 minutes mostly).

During my visit I looked out for lost places. I found several remains of Wilderwasserbahn 2 (the logflume) which was a bit sad to see. You can spot a good amount during the first drop of Flug der Dämonen. The park is a very beautiful place, but you can spot abandoned places here and there. Free round spaces where once stand some flat rides. Maya Tal, Heide Dorf,...Merlin kinda ignores this park it seems.

The end got a bit sentimental, pardon. I still got a great day out of it :)

I also bought merchandise: a jigsaw puzzle and a magnet.

My top 3 rides at this park:

1) Flug der Dämonen
2) Colossos
3) Krake

Coaster count:

Krake 3x
Flug der Dämonen 5x
Colossos Kampf der Giganten 3x
Big Loop 2x
Desert Race 2x
Grottenblitz 1x
Limit 1x
Bobbahn 1x

IMG_20220502_173735.jpg

IMG_20220428_143548.jpg
IMG_20220428_111222.jpg
IMG_20220428_132709.jpg

IMG_20220502_174051.jpg

IMG_20220428_121646.jpg
IMG_20220502_174506.jpg
IMG_20220428_172344.jpg
IMG_20220502_172831.jpg

dfhgfjzhgkuolo.jpg

Edit: After posting I see some photos aren't loading. I don't know why :"(

Edit 2: fixed

Last edited:
It’s the one thing that stuck out at me most when I visited Heidi in 2020 is the amount of wasted space, abandoned rides, or closed rides. Seems far more obvious there than other Merlin parks.

Sounds like you had a great trip anyway!

Great review. I’m interested to know how you found Lubeck? It looks like a town that might be worth spending some time in.

Great review. I’m interested to know how you found Lubeck? It looks like a town that might be worth spending some time in.

I had a really nice time (and some great food) last time I visited Lubeck. Reminded me a lot of a historical UK town such as York or Bath, with a busy city centre and lots of era specific architecture. It was also pleasant to get the train twenty minutes out of town to the coast in order to eat a Fischbrotchen and spy Highlander and Karnan across the bay.