• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: General Discussion

I've been visiting multiple times on multiple days and every time it's been busy regardless of it being a work night or school night, maybe Covid has made the world go soft!
But in all seriousness the point I was trying to make was the reduced capacity is what is causing the lack of atmosphere and don't get me wrong I fully understand the reasons behind that.

Let's just hope next years event can return to normal capacity without the need to pre book. Not just for atmosphere but for the vendors and ride operators who come from afar.

Last edited:
The idea of spending £150 for one day of rides almost makes me feel sick. Christ! No wonder there is no wristband on offer when they can make that sort of money from people.
I have to agree with @Rob here 150 quid for one day makes me feel awful. I admit I'm rather tight in terms of money but I can't be the only one who's thinking winter wonderland is far too expensive. To me it sounds like daylight robbery and confirms I won't be going this year. They must be making an absolute fortune with people spending that sort of money and good on them but I don't think its for me.

My bill will probably be £20-30 on rides (just the good 2 or 3 rides I enjoy) and then £20-30 on beer. Probably. Heading over this weekend for my annual trip.

I got all 9 coasters done, plus rerides on Looping, wild maus and ice mountain. Then a couple of goes on the XXL, the German pirate ship, Ali Baba it all adds up. When you think my local fair normally consists of a Waltzer Twister and a Miami if we're lucky I'm gonna go all out when I get the chance.

We spent roughly £200 in about 3.5hrs for a family of 3. That included rides, the magical Ice Kingdom, food and drinks.

3 rides on Olympia Looping for me and the lad (wife didnt fancy it) cost me £54 alone. Crazy money. Hahahaha

However it will probably be our first and only trip to the event. Can't see us going back for a long time, possibly ever.

Going tomorrow, prebooked rides on Olympia Looping, Wilde Maus XXL, and Hangover. Will get on the 4 coasters I've not been on before, then have a few drinks and something to eat before getting the train back home.

Had a great (and expensive) afternoon/evening at Winter Wonderland yesterday.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere in the main beer hall (£6.50 a pint), then later on in a smaller hall with a singer (£13 for a sausage based meal).

Easily able to get the 4 creds I'd not done before, the highlight being Heidi the coaster (£7) a really well presented reverchon spinning wild mouse. Fires you up the lift hill, on board audio, a banked turn! Lots of fun!

The other new creds were nothing to write home about.

Olympia Looping (£9) , is still amazing to look at, and just mad how it's transported and erected multiple times a year. Sat in the 7th train for a ridiculously intense ride. Just a pity about the shoulder restraints.

Wilde Maus XXL, probably the low key best coaster/experience, were you get a fun house as part of the queue. The ride is insane with those initial drops, and then the complete lack of trims as it goes through the circuit.

The Hangover (£8), an amazing drop tower, though this year its only dropping you from the very top. Also there was no audio at the top which slightly lessens the experience.

Decided to be a foolish mortal and did the Haunted Mansion, which was a lot of fun!

So all in a really fun 5+ hours, was great just walking round and taking in the atmosphere. Spent all in about £70 which included food, drink, and a magnet.

Left around 8.15pm to get back to Euston (didn't want to risk it with the tube strikes) and was amazed to see sizable queues still going it.

Also if anyone is going afternoon into evening I'd definitely recommend getting your rides in earlier as between 4pm-6pm you'd wait a short time but by 7pm the queues were really building.

I had a smashing time last night, as ever. Did the following:

• Arrived 5pm, grabbed a pint of Bitburger to remind me of EP (£6.00)
  • Wandered around to re-aquaint myself with the layout, and had a ride on Munich Looping (£9.00); back row was intense into the loops as-ever
  • Had a couple of pints at the Arctic Lodge (Lowenbrau £5.80, Goose IPA £6.20) and danced a bit with strangers (and my friend, of course)
  • Feeling a little more merry, had an awesome ride on Wilde Maus XXL (£8.00)
  • Spent another 1/2 hour at the Arctic Lodge with another pint of Lowenbrau
  • Grabbed some cheese topped fries from the Mellors stand outside Arctic Lodge (£5.50 - worst buy of the night)

Left at 9.30pm.

Once again, fantastic hilarity in entertainment (Marc Dillon who often performs this weekend at the Arctic Lodge is great for the venue), and good food and drink.

Didn't waste my money on duplicated credits, and felt the Heidi ride was a total waste of money so didn't bother with that either.

Great evening. Spent £40.70.

Event felt perhaps 10-20% quieter than it did pre-pandemic.

:)

Fairly busy tonight, ridecount was:

Olympia Looping X 2
Airbourne
Hangover
Heidi (+1)
Euro Coaster (+1)
The Yeti Ride
Spinning Coaster (+1)
Wild Mouse XXL

Yeti was a bit uncomfy and Airbourne was rubbish but I enjoyed myself. No food or drink inside as we went elsewhere not long before and I was stuffed to the brim.

A word of warning for cred weirdos like me, they shut the kids coasters at 6pm if not earlier.

Went yesterday afternoon on our works do. They pre paid for some rides and the Ice Bar (I will get to that).

It was a good afternoon and early evening. Managed three rides on Looping which is a really good ride, however, not as intense as I was expecting after listening to some reviews. Very smooth, However, the lack of queuing organisation as it got later was ridiculous.

The rest of the rides were okay apart from Eurocoaster which is just pure rough. As for the Ice Bar, £16 entry free for the worse cocktail I have had the pleasure of trying. We lasted 10 mins and I was just bloody grateful I didn't pay for it.

All in all it was a good event but if the wife thinks I'm bringing her and the kids there she is deluded. I recently racked up £100 on rides at a local fair...that place would leave us homeless.

Went today and had a great time, we booked the 10am-1pm entry slot and entered around 11:30 and stayed until 4ish. As expensive as ever but you go expecting it so I budgeted my rides. Mixtape Skate Jumper was on top form, we were the only two on the ride and had an insane cycle around 5 minutes long :D
Hangover as ever remains the top attraction for me.

I do recommend if you're in London and don't want to pay the entrance fee or want to avoid the crowds, go to the 10am session (it's free to book), we literally had no queues and were on the front row of the first train of Looping today. :)

We did lots of rides, plus I paid for my mate to go on a couple of them to cover my share of fuel. His bill was about £70.

Does anybody on here know who owns each of the coasters here, as well as those currently at Stoke Winter Wonderland and currently at the Trafford Centre?

Can't for the life of me find many of these on coaster count.

Geek.

Santa's Runaway Train - Clayton Manning
Racing Roller Coaster - Joseph Manning Jnr
Spinning Coaster - Buwalda
Family Roller Coaster - Swaley Manning
Ice Mountain - Ryan Crow and James Mellors
€uro Coaster - Buwalda
Munich Looping - Rudolf Barth Jnr
Wilde Maus XXL - Max Eberhard
Heidi - The Coaster - Ewald Schneider

Darren Matthews owns both creds at Stoke

Does anybody on here know who owns each of the coasters here, as well as those currently at Stoke Winter Wonderland and currently at the Trafford Centre?

Can't for the life of me find many of these on coaster count.

Geek.

Hyde Park and Stoke both have entries in the funfairs section so you should be able find them easily enough.