• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: General Discussion

Cheers for that @Poisson , saved me a lot of time there! Planned a trip for Monday so hopefully they're still open at that point...

Weird the Trafford Centre ones are so hard to find as I thought they were "permanent" now. That's somewhat off topic though.

HPWW Unofficial on Facebook is great, every year they have a full list of rides, operators and country of origin.

UK Funfairs 2021 is what I use for others

Looking at going next week. When purchasing advance tickets online I see you can waive the £5 admission fee if you spend over £20, however they only seem to give you a small selection of rides to buy tickets for.

Looking at going next week. When purchasing advance tickets online I see you can waive the £5 admission fee if you spend over £20, however they only seem to give you a small selection of rides to buy tickets for.
Admission is also free if you book the earlier (off-peak) slots. :)

Just came back from WWL for the first time ever and very impressed. Rides are pricey, but to be expected due to London, the rides and the type of the event.

I loved Munich Looping, really smooth surprisingly got its age! However, the “host” came across as aggressive as I saw him push a girl out the way who didn’t have a ticket or lost one I should say.

Hangover, oh my lord! I don’t like drop towers at the best of times but this is just something else. I’d happily do it again even though I was scared senseless!

Didn't manage to do Blizzard or Air Bomber is it?

I did find a fair few rides repeated to? Would be nice for some more variety?

And so onto Ice Mountain… I paid £7 for this and don’t see what they hype is or why people rave about it. It’s a wild mouse… in the dark. The themeing on the outside looks incredible, but upclose is very damaged, shoddy and dirty now. Okay, I can give lean way for being dirty and damaged due to it moving around so much, but if this is meant to be one of the Mellors major attractions at least look after it?

Inside is also a joke, before even being dispatched the themeing to the right in the tunnel was dirty and the fake snow on the floor was brown. Lovely! The animatronic was impressive, shame I couldn’t hear what he said as the speaker was positioned wrong and too quite! Up the lift I could see everything going on below me as it wasn’t covered and then the main ride was basically a wild mouse, in a disco with lots of random “themeing” if that’s what you want to call it? A polar bear here and a penguin there. Sorry for the rant but I really don’t see what the hype was about this ride, I know a few people love it on this forum and others but it’s going to have to have something amazing added for me to visit it again!

overall though, a lovely day!

And so onto Ice Mountain… I paid £7 for this and don’t see what they hype is or why people rave about it. It’s a wild mouse… in the dark. The themeing on the outside looks incredible, but upclose is very damaged, shoddy and dirty now. Okay, I can give lean way for being dirty and damaged due to it moving around so much, but if this is meant to be one of the Mellors major attractions at least look after it?

Inside is also a joke, before even being dispatched the themeing to the right in the tunnel was dirty and the fake snow on the floor was brown. Lovely! The animatronic was impressive, shame I couldn’t hear what he said as the speaker was positioned wrong and too quite! Up the lift I could see everything going on below me as it wasn’t covered and then the main ride was basically a wild mouse, in a disco with lots of random “themeing” if that’s what you want to call it? A polar bear here and a penguin there. Sorry for the rant but I really don’t see what the hype was about this ride, I know a few people love it on this forum and others but it’s going to have to have something amazing added for me to visit it again!

overall though, a lovely day!
Interesting… I remember the theming in Ice Mountain being quite impressive for a travelling ride when I went in 2019, but COVID and the associated lack of use it’s had could well have had an effect on that.

The main thing I remember about Ice Mountain, though, was that it was easily the most spinny spinning coaster I’ve ever been on. I know those Reverchon coasters usually spin a lot compared to the other spinning coaster types (a contributing factor as to why all 6 I’ve done are some of my least favourite coasters, although that’s mainly caused by the fact they’re often incredibly rough), but Ice Mountain was on another level; it was absolutely manic, and I could barely walk in a straight line getting off because I was so dizzy!

I nearly fell down the exit stairs… as someone who’s never had a drop of alcohol (and I plan to keep it that way), I think that’s the closest I’ve ever come to the sensation of being drunk…

Glad you had a nice day, though!

Good day there today. Rode every coaster in the park besides Ice Mountain, plus Blizzard and Hangover which were the highlights. The only ride where I really felt ripped off was Heidi at £7 (possibly Euro Coaster as well but that was offset against the "free" entry).

2 pints in the Bavarian tent.

A good day all round, won't be returning any time soon though - broke the bank!

Ice Mountain has never been that impressive. It's just a Reverchon spinner in the dark, with a few laser lights here and there. It's hardly some grand, themed experience. The indoor setting means they can slap £2 on the ride price.

@Matt N Olympia is doing 1550pph. Dispatching on average (from a sample of 10) every 65 seconds, running three 28 seat trains.
Awesome; cheers @Rick! To be honest, I'm surprised it's that low; the queue never seemed to stop moving when I did it!

It was only on 3 trains and not fully staffed - when they're running flat out the station is packed with hosts to keep everything running smoothly.

We wited nearly 45min for Wild Mouse XXL tonight, meanwhile OL had a 5-10min wait as throughput was double, even with 2 trains off.

Had a good evening at Winter Wonderland today. It was good to get the annual ride in on Olympia, even though I don't rate it particularly highly. I always forget how much fun Wilde Maus XXL is too, and what with the fun house style queue line it's certainly the best value attraction there is at the event. It's definitely my favourite coaster there.

After getting over my fear of drop towers last year too, I had finally ticked off Hangover tonight, which was excellent with a very loose restraint! Just a shame that the ride operator seemed to go into "efficient mode" as we were boarding, leaving not much time at all to take in the views. We barely stopped at the top at all which was a shame. Overall though, a really great ride!

Well that's a pity. Can't say I'm surprised though really.

Will probably wait to see the line up before committing to a date, though there's a few shows I'd like to see and that Babylon Park to try so will almost certainly go down again this winter.