• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

If this forum existed in 1994,what would we be saying about the SW3 Plans?

It's 1993.

An eagle eyed Towersstreet member has spotted the plans for a new Alton Towers roller coaster to be situated near Thunder looper.

It doesn't go above tree height, doesn't have any huge drops, appears to be unremarkable in terms of speed, and we're going to lose Thunder Looper.

What would members of this forum be saying... feel free to create quotes for other members's (in a humerous and respectful way of course). You will have to forgive me for some woefully obvious analogies.

The only information we have is the planning application.

Do the plans look awesome... or do they look meh?

Are they wasting money digging a big hole?

40 feet high... that thing in Blackpool is 230 feet... which project looks most impressive at this stage?

It hangs under the track... is this some kind of expensive gimmick?

What do we think it will be called?

This John Wardley guy... what has he ever done to be put in charge?

So they're closing Thunder Looper. Bloody cost cutting.

Would we be over analysing every detail, nitpicking, complaining about everything (because the overhead plans and stats wouldn't look that impressive), or would we be building this thing up to be the greatest thing ever?

Now we all know how SW3 turned out, so no cheating and using the benefit of hindsight.

We know only as much about SW3 as we do at this stage in SW8''s construction.

Are we optimistic or pessimistic at this stage? (Oh and one more thing...we haven't seen Batman The Ride before).

Last edited:
Looks alright, but they could have used a bit more land to make it longer. However it ends up, it could always have been better. Bloody local council and planning permission! Can't believe they're on about having to remove the Thunder Looper as well soon due to noise complaints as it's affecting the local cows. Bloody ridiculous. Rode it 7 times in a row only 3 days ago, and they let me and my brother stay on without queuing for 3 of 'em! Hope it's just a vicious rumour. I'll look out for updates in the local newspaper.

With the resort getting bigger, and the Theme Park getting smaller I can't decide whether this is a prediction or a brilliant peice of satire.

To be honest, someone mentioned something along those lines a few weeks ago in one of the threads and it stuck with me a bit, so credit to whoever that was, that's partly why I mentioned it. Great thread by the way. Sorry to derail the thread also, continue......... :)

To be honest, someone mentioned something along those lines a few weeks ago in one of the threads and it stuck with me a bit, so credit to whoever that was, that's partly why I mentioned it. Great thread by the way. Sorry to derail the thread also, continue......... :)
Thank you! Although I've put that we can't use the benefit of hindsight, I thought some of our more miserable members, might use it to write something positive and bring a little sunshine into their grey lives :)

I'm not holding my breath though! (Maybe a few corrections on The Smiler will help).

Semi-related but:

"I can't believe they're getting rid of Around the World in 80 Days for some stupid ride set in a toy factory!"

At least we'll still have The Beast for many years to come, even if this new ride is crap. What are they even going to call it anyway? The Lightning Twister would probably fit in really well. I'm so good at thinking outside of the box. Most other people would never think of such a great name like that. I'm really great.

Something like vampire but with your legs dangling? Has anyone been on or seen any pictures of that Batman ride at one of those Six Flags parks in America, this is suppose to be the same ride type as that.

Is this the same layout as Batman? A clone of that would be really cool!

Wouldn't get your hopes up for anything amazing with this ride, we all know Merlin's previous efforts are nothing great.

What's that? You mean this is before Merlin took over and everything was all sunshine and rainbows in the park? You're having me on...

Tussauds have just registered a trademark, 'Nemesis.' Could this be a hint at the new name?

Personally I think it's rubbish. How could an area called thunder valley have something to do with 'enemy.'

Knowing Tussauds, they will probably invent some sort of creature or something lame like that.

#Tu$$auds

I think we'd be saying it looks short, low, slow and pedestrian, and as for this Wardley guy, who the hell is he.

B and M? Really! Why can't we have another Vekoma - after all, they are the name behind AT best coaster to date.

This looks pathetic compared to that huge 200 foot high thing on the west coast.

12 million pounds - it doesn't look it!

I'm writing this project off.

AND BOY WOULD MY FACE HAVE BEEN RED 12 MONTHS LATER.

Come on AT, prove everyone wrong and leave us with red faces, crawling back to apologise like whipped dogs in 2018... don't think it will happen, but hell... we would have been wrong in 1993.