• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Image upload help

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Can anyone tell me how to upload my own photos? I can get to them on a computer, but don't know how to post them on here (no URL).

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to upload my own photos? I can get to them on a computer, but don't know how to post them on here.

From mobile devices, It's easier to use Tapatalk app to view the forum as you can upload directly from there, Otherwise on a computer you need to post the images to an image hosting site first then post the image url to here.

From mobile devices, It's easier to use Tapatalk app to view the forum as you can upload directly from there, Otherwise on a computer you need to post the images to an image hosting site first then post the image url to here.
Would Google Drive work? i'm not a member of a site like Imgur (do you have to sign up to Imgur or can you do it anyway)?.

Tried sharing them with the link on Google Drive and it won't work (i pasted the link into the image URL box on Towersstreet)

Just tried it using Google Photos and works, maybe doesn't on Drive then. Tbh you don't need to sign up to most image sharing sites.

Problem is, because I'm getting them off a memory card, and they open in Windows Photo Viewer, they don't have a URL. I'll try Imgur tomorrow.

They won't because you are looking at them locally, just note the filename.

Go to tinypic.com or postimage.com in your browser, click the button upload image, a window will open, navigate to your memory card and select the photo you want to upload (hence why I said note the filename), click ok/upload etc. and your computer will upload the image to the tinypic/postimage servers, at this point you'll be shown a sample and some links, one will start [img copy that one (there might be a button saying copy to clipboard, or click on the line, highlight it, right click and select copy), come back to this page (best to have it open in another tab), right click in the quick reply box and select paste, the url will be pasted here, write stuff, post.

Sorry if that sounds overly dumbed down, I'm used to explaining these things to a computer illiterate 76 year old.

They won't because you are looking at them locally, just note the filename.

Go to tinypic.com or postimage.com in your browser, click the button upload image, a window will open, navigate to your memory card and select the photo you want to upload (hence why I said note the filename), click ok/upload etc. and your computer will upload the image to the tinypic/postimage servers, at this point you'll be shown a sample and some links, one will start [img copy that one (there might be a button saying copy to clipboard, or click on the line, highlight it, right click and select copy), come back to this page (best to have it open in another tab), right click in the quick reply box and select paste, the url will be pasted here, write stuff, post.

Sorry if that sounds overly dumbed down, I'm used to explaining these things to a computer illiterate 76 year old.
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow!

No prob, on tinypic the button to look for is in the middle of the screen titled 'choose file' not upload image.

No prob, on tinypic the button to look for is in the middle of the screen titled 'choose file' not upload image.
Just looked on Tinypic and there is no button marked "choose file", just "browse" and "upload now".

Just click one and see what happens, something will look right eventually, you can't break their site lol i'm on a tablet so their desktop version might be slightly different (if their webmaster has done their job properly), the over-riding principle will be similar to what I described.

Just click one and see what happens, something will look right eventually, you can't break their site lol i'm on a tablet so their desktop version might be slightly different (if their webmaster has done their job properly), the over-riding principle will be similar to what I described.
Will it work for multiple photos (i have a few)?

Imgur will be your best bet for this as you don't need to sign up. We have a media plugin now so there's not even a need to put in img tags when using image sharing sites.

Step one
Go to imgur.com and click the new post button. Drag and drop the images you want to upload in the box:

Step Two
When uploaded, give it a sec and then hover over each of the images. You'll get a link to the image appear in top right. Copy this link and paste it into your message on the forum. Repeat for each image you want to share.

Simples :)

It's almost as if my skype comment was monitored by the powers that be..........