Is there anything I should know before going to Europa Park for the first time?

Discussion in 'Europa-Park Trip Plans and Reports' started by Matt N, 16th Sep 2021.

1. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    I quite like the fact that an "anything I should know before I go" topic about EP is turning into War & Peace.

Burbs and Matt N like this.
    Posted 8th Oct 2021
  2. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    What do you mean, out of interest?

On a different note; with regard to a strategy, something I've gained from this thread so far is that my plan should be to not plan!

Posted 8th Oct 2021
  3. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

1225 pages Matt.
    Give it a few weeks.

Matt N likes this.
    Posted 9th Oct 2021
  4. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

Set up a website checker on an app, it'll let you know when the page updates.

Matt N likes this.
    Posted 9th Oct 2021
  5. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

I wouldn’t worry too much about being on the site the minute hotel rooms are released for next year. This isn’t a MAP holders event and the rooms won’t sell out in 3 minutes. They are released to Hotel Friends a week in advance (a loyalty club for those who have previously stayed) and will then go on general sale. Expect that to happen in the next month or so, but no date is yet confirmed.

If you book before Christmas I highly suspect there will be decent availability for your dates. As a side note, weekends normally sell out quicker for obvious reasons.

Matt N likes this.
    Posted 9th Oct 2021
  6. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I should probably know how to do that given I’m a Computing student, but; how do I do that?

Posted 9th Oct 2021
  7. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

There's loads of free apps that can monitor any given page, like a ticket booking page, and notify you of any updates made to it. I use one titled 'Web Alert (Website Monitor)' on play store and it works really well.

Matt N likes this.
    Posted 9th Oct 2021
  8. CSLKenny

CSLKenny TowersStreet Member

Eurosat’s costs 6€. Across the coasters and YULLBE they operate on a euro per minute of VR time.
    Alpenexpress I feel you can take it or leave it. Its decent and well done for a standard installation.

However Valerian (Eurosat’s VR) I’d highly recommend as a well refined experience with the longer ride time, free roaming aspect and storytelling.

Matt N likes this.
    Posted 9th Oct 2021
  9. nattg

nattg TowersStreet Member

Going to Europa soon. does anyone have any hotel restaurants recommendations? Planning on eating in them in the evening after the park closes.

How do the buffets currently work?

Currently looking at antica roma, Medici and cesare and maybe the kronen but open to all of them if anyone has anything to say about any.

Cheers

Matt N likes this.
    Posted 9th Oct 2021
  10. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    I can really recommend Harborside at Bell Rock and Castillo in Alcazar. Both are very good, though I can't speak for any of the others. For pizza, the pizzeria in Hotel Colosseo is a very good shout.

djtruefitt, Alsty and Matt N like this.
    Posted 9th Oct 2021
  11. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

I can second these as probably the best places to eat. I found Tre Kronen expensive for what it is, as too the Italian a la carte restaurants. For best value food, I’d head to Silver Lake Saloon.

As of a couple weeks ago the buffets were operating pretty normally with some slight restrictions, eg plastic gloves were being supplied, although didn’t seem mandatory.

If the parks open late enough, the Rock Cafe isn’t too bad a shout for lesser priced food as well.

Jonathan and Matt N like this.
    Posted 9th Oct 2021
  12. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    I think most people on here who've been to EP will agree that Silver Lake is something of a must-do. The food's good, they have beer towers (which admittedly aren't for me, as I don't like beer, but the Lynchburg Lemonades are superb), and the general atmosphere there is excellent.

Posted 9th Oct 2021
  13. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    There plenty of really nice restaurants in Rust too within walking distance of the resort.

Matt N likes this.
  14. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

Did the Bell Rock buffet last week and it’s all back to normal. Same with he breakfast in the hotels.