• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kolmården: General Discussion

Sam

TS Member
My good friend Kian Kronvang reports from CF. :)

TheCoasterCruiser said:
This park in Sweden is mainly known for their exceptional zoo experience, but today the park posted the following on their FB-Page.

Quote:
Nästa år fyller vi 50! Det kommer vi fira med en investering som är en av de hittills största i parkens historia!
Vad tror du att det är? På tisdag avslöjar vi...

That translates to: "Next year we turn 50! We will celebrate this with one of the largest investments in the history of the park. What do you think it is? We will reveal it on tuesday..."

Now this could really be anything, but the reason I'm making this post is because a couple of years ago I started hearing rumors about the park getting a GCI coaster. - This plan of course, could have been scrapped by now, but I just wanted to fill you in.

We'll see on tuesday!

If anyone's interested, here is the park:

YGw2p7u.png

Pretty much directly on the line between Liseberg and Gröna Lund, fingers crossed for a delicious new Scandinavian GCI!

All sorts of rumours are flying around about this ride now.

It seems to be strongly rumoured that this will be a collaboration between RMC and Vekoma, possibly involving a launch, and that JoraVision are doing the theming.

Robb Alvey who knows what this is for some reason has said that it will "change the industry forever" and a launched RMC woodie certainly matches up to that description. :)

Robb Alvey said:
When the details of this are released, it's gonna BLOW PEOPLE AWAY! The park has revealed to me their plans and I cannot believe this is actually happening. We have a location and a name, and that's all I'm allowed to say right now!

Trailer in English!

WLKJge5.jpg

TPR and Robb Alvey love RMC so I do expect it to be some sort of crazy RMC. He's said that it's the type of attraction that would cause you to drop all plans to go and ride.

An announcement is expected on April 8th I believe. That just so happens to be the day after Helix is scheduled to have its first test run, no coincidental as all...

:)

Vekoma signed a deal with RMC at the end of last year for them to market and sell RMC coasters in Europe with RMC concentrating their efforts in north america and first ride in Europe from this deal is set for 2016, so good chance that Wildfire is this ride.

This will be announced via live stream tomorrow at 10am Stockholm time, which is 9am BST. It can be seen here.

Also, this isn't definitely a coaster. I think it will be but Robb Alvey is now hinting that it's not. I'd imagine he's just trying to throw people off the scent.

Wont be getting too excited, but given the 2 year lead time announcement and already having trailers I wonder if we could see a dark woodie??!

I can't ever use the the word Woodie, and not laugh.

I wonder if it could be another Gravity Max? TPR chums it, it looks insane and is supposed to be really smooth and it could fit in with the visual of falling towards the floor.

RCDB have called it as a woodie, and they don't usually do so without a good reason.

If this is a woodie with a launch, it will finally prove to the doubters that a wooden roller coaster is capable of withstanding the forces of a launch. :p

Sam said:
RCDB have called it as a woodie, and they don't usually do so without a good reason.

This is the same site that refused to put The Smiler on their website despite it being confirmed with track on site. And that thought that Flug der Dämonen was going to be called Fakten because of the German word for facts on the ride website! ;)

Still, we shall find out in 20 minutes!

RMC woodie! Video keeps cutting out for me so not caught many details at the moment. Think I saw that it has an 83 degree drop.

Just seen the POV which I'm sure will be on YouTube later. It does look good but I think you'd have to know how these RMC's ride to be really exicted. Here is the promo image:

wildfire_teaser_shot_smaller_0.jpg

EDIT:

Even more stuff, TPR have a video including the trailer that was shown and the bit where RMC talk about the coaster:

http://youtu.be/N2W3oittMaM

And here is the layout:

1_25.png

I hope they've not done too much too early here. They must have spent a lot of money on the marketing but it's still two years until it opens!

Looks great! About time we had an RMC in Europe :)

RCDB is listing the cost as 110m SEK, so just under £17m, but I guess the terrain and land work required will have contributed a fair bit towards that!

This looks totally excellent! It offers great height, speed, variations in intensity, twists, inversions, hills and close-calls with the terrain and trees! RMC really are revolutionising the wooden coaster and have kicked it right into the 21st century!

I sense a 2016 trip in the works! :p

Oooo, this thing looks brilliant! :) The first inversion is nuts! :p If only a Merlin park were to add something like this. The first inversion could easily tick Varney's USP box.