• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

LEGO Roller Coaster

Robert.W

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
LEGO have finally announced a working roller coaster set!!! Yay!! Looks like that's my Christmas present sorted for another year!! :D
DbtoPeJXcAASzjM

For anyone who wants to read more, it's been added to the website: https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Roller-Coaster-10261?CMP=SOC-RollerCoasterAnnouncement&p=10261

First thoughts are that it needs an exit platform and a lift hill catwalk. Easily done.

Second thought is that I may have to send the bulldozers in to my Lego town to make room for this.

Yes. They're also talking about another add on, something called LEGO BOOST, which I haven't really heard much about untill now.
Upgrade the Roller Coaster with LEGO® Power Functions for a motorized chain lift, or with LEGO BOOST for automated chain lift activation and realistic sound effects!
Sounds cool though! :)

It's a pretty good price for the part count. And be thankfull we aren't yanks: US price is $380!!

I mean I've created a Lego roller coaster (no mechanics for movement sadly but still there is a black slab going up the lift hill for realism) and it certainly wasn't the best. However, paying £300+ more than just using this large box of Lego I had just doesn't seem worth it. Then again, this is the case for other Lego sets. At the end of the day, the box of Lego I used was not specific to any LEGO brands, so I built Olympic stadiums, a suspended monorail system that worked for movement and a swinging pirate ship.

LEGO really should be about imagination not buying what somebody else thought of, and get overpriced in the process

To be honest, LEGO sets as large as this are more of a collectors item. It's like buying a model aeroplane which you have to build. They are display items, not really meant for play, although this particular set does have the novelty of functionality.

Being the 7th largest LEGO set ever released, I really am not surprised with the high price tag. And if I'm being even more honest, I'd say it's actually not that bad value.

All of the reviews on the product page are saying that it is poor value for money. Nearly £300 and it doesn't include the motor parts! :eek::(

Three hundred quid...and no flipping motor?
Never occured to me before that Lego had become fancy label, top branded goods.
Put it on the top shelf with Rolex and Rolls Royce.
When did it go overpriced posh then?
Edit...and for that much I would want power, working light, entrance and exit queueline and a platform ramp...h&s certificate and operators manual.
Spot a few geeks in the minifigures though...have we all spotted ourselves?

Is it really the 7th biggest set?

No surprise with the cost, these sets (see also the modular buildings) are for those of us with more disposable income than sense... None of the sets have the motors either, and I think based upon the quality of the Twister and Ferris Wheel sets £300 is a fair price point...

Bear in mind the UCS Millennium Falcon set...... THAT'S expensive...

But the detail in that Millennium Falcon is unreal. They had a built one in the big London store in a glass box.
I agree though its expensive and that rollercoaster set is over priced.