• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Sichuan - Opening ~2023

Rick

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Crux
legoland-sichuan-concept-e1569576565228.jpg

Merlin Entertainments has announced Legoland Sichuan. The company has joined forces with Global Zhongjun to build and operate a full-scale Legoland Resort in Sichuan Province in Western China.

More @ Blooloop

Sorry to bump the thread, but we’ve had an update: https://www.merlinentertainments.biz/newsroom/news-releases/2019/legoland-sichuan-resort/

Some very interesting new info has come out regarding the Sichuan resort; let’s just say that it certainly won’t be your typical Legoland! In terms of some particularly interesting bits, they include:
  • The resort will comprise of 3 gates; a Legoland park, a Peppa Pig park and a waterpark.
  • The Legoland park will contain at least 3 coasters (I think?). One of them is the regular Dragon coaster (Zierer Force Five), but the other 2 appear to be B&M coasters, with one being a family invert and the other being some sort of B&M family launch coaster.
  • The resort is due to open for 2023.
  • Little is currently known about the Peppa Pig Theme Park, but this is presumed to be similar to the one opening next year in Florida.
  • There will be two Legoland hotels, making for a 500-room hotel capacity in total.
Interesting stuff, don't you think? B&M and Legoland will certainly be an intriguing pairing... I can't wait to see the results!

Following the CWoA project, this line-up would definitely suggest that Merlin have struck a deal with B&M for a new range of coasters.
It seems even more likely than before! I wonder what else could be built by B&M. Maybe SW9 or the next ride at Heidi Park, who knows. B&M really do seem to be trying to break into the family market. Also if that is the family invert coaster maybe Merlin have bought more I think one would be great at Alton Towers in a Katanga canyon retheme.

As for this new Legoland resort it sounds great and possibly much better thought out than the other LEGOLAND's that have been built in recent years.