• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

looking to stay in the log cabins near alton any advice please

chris556

TS Member
There are log cabins near Alton towers with hot tubs im looking at another runaway from stress mid week break, so can any one recommend them or not and what's it like to get to the park from there otherwise i will probably just stay in the black smith arms chained oak ect

Its only around a 10-15 minute drive (you won't be able to get there without a car) to the Log Cabins at the Raddle Inn. We stayed there last fireworks weekend and they were fine, nice and warm, okay beds and facilities.

I think the Chained Oak was nicer with better beds and nicer looking rooms and it included a good breakfast and could walk to the park.

But if there is a bigger group the the log cabins make more sense as works out cheaper and (if you book early enough to get the right cabins) includes a hot tub.

Stayed here twice - nice enough. Stayed in the Cottage as well which is really nice. I would say the Cottage is worth the extra but it depends how many of you are going as the rooms are obviously bigger and the beds more comfy.

The pub next door is nice and its set in lovel countryside, agree with Jon that you will need a car to get to it though.

Chained Oak is in a better location as Jon says, more modern rooms, and may be a bit cheaper (not much). Alternatively, if you use the Sun offer code, you can get breaks in the AT and Splash hotel for not much more than staying in these places!

The offer code from the Sun is S5014 and works on the Alton towers website for up to 50% off in both hotels.