• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Losing Items on rides

nemesis1994

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler just above Nemesis
So, I went to Drayton Manor and decided to go on G-Force with my Dad,he decided to wear to wear a heavy gold ring and bracelet as well as having his Phone in the pocket.As we set off the lift hill we looked down to see something go flying off the ride and he immediately started to panic screaming we're gonna die for the rest of the ride thinking a bolt had come out while I sat there laughing, after my very green dad got off the ride (he was green from fear) We decided to find my Mum and he realised his bracelet/chain was missing and we found My Mum and Sister sat by the fence where the lift is, when he looked in her hand he saw his bracelet, not realising it was my Dads she said Some idiot threw this off the ride, holding up his Chain as he started to go very red and I was hysterically laughing. It took a while for him to admit it was his as he waited till she said she was fine and it just shocked her. Probably one of the funniest things I've seen at a theme park.

What have you dropped on a ride or seen someone lose? Post your favourites here!

The only thing I've ever lost on a ride was at Goose Fair a couple of years ago. My watch strap somehow broke on a ... err, spinning thing... and it was gone in a blink.

I always have combats with zipable pockets for going on rides, and make sure everything is sealed away before boarding. Though I have had countless pairs of sunglasses broken while they are in those pockets. :/

At Liseberg the other month, while cresting one of the intense airtime hills on Balder, I saw a phone fly out of the car in front of us. It felt like it missed my head by inches, but it was probably much further away in reality. I hope.

I stashed a park map of BPB in my jacket pocket for an ORP for PMBO, only to see it fly away when it slipped out on the first drop. Oops.

Thankfully, other than loose bits of change etc, that's the only circumstance I can think of.

Last year in Germany I somehow managed to loose one of my hearing aids on the Hasenhorn Rodelbahn. I still don't know how I managed it. I can only assume that I hadn't zipped up my pocket all the way (It'd been raining so I'd taken them out).

So yeah, zipable pockets are great, so long as you remember to do them up properly first... :p

Other than that I can't think of anything else I've lost thankfully.

Edit
Actually, I have lost something else on a ride; I also lost my pride and self respect riding It's A Small World.

My mobile phone, on no less than 5 occasions getting it back each time before finally losing it for good into the lake under Colossus.

I am always really paranoid about losing things on rides but also very paranoid about taking a bag and leaving it at the station. I could always use my pockets but alas, pockets is but a foreign concept for girls clothing manufacturers, let alone zip pockets.

I'm the most paranoid about losing a shoe though. Just before Nemesis I have to tie my laces extra tight, the less circulation to my foot the less likely it will fall off and i can be free of worry haha. Walking round all day without a shoe does not seem appealing.

ahh paranoia

*Touch wood* I haven't ever lost anything so far on any ride. I usually have a bad with me, or bring a coat/trousers that have zip pockets. I hate having to go on rides and just have normal pockets, as I don't enjoy the ride as i'm concentrating on my phone, wallet and keys!

I have seen a few items fall out of other peoples pockets, I remember seeing a iPhone bounce along the break run of Air last year :p

I like djtruefitt and Doigo, I wear clothing with zipable pockets. I have so far not lost anything on a ride.
However I did get a car keys on ride many years ago (pre moblie phone) after it crested and the keys came out of a riders pocket in front of me. I thought it would be fun to try and catch them.
The look on the guy face as I returned them when he was on the station, half way though "My Keys I Lost my Car keys" was a mix of relief and confusion.

Last edited:
I always have a bag with me and put my valuables in that when I go on rides. That way, I know I won't lose them from my pockets.

I'm the most paranoid about losing a shoe though. Just before Nemesis I have to tie my laces extra tight, the less circulation to my foot the less likely it will fall off and i can be free of worry haha. Walking round all day without a shoe does not seem appealing.

ahh paranoia

This unfortunately happened to me last year! was on nemesis for my 2nd ride of the day and i'm not even sure when it fell off all i know is i got back to the station and was missing a shoe! luckily i was staying at the hotel and so had another pair there! Although the walk and monorail ride back to splash was full of interesting looks from passersby...

I've a pair of sunglasses somewhere in DLP. Think that's all I've lost, I always put stuff in pockets I can fasten.

I was on Dragon's Fury at CWOA today, and a guy dropped 50p in the bottom of the car before I got in. I was nice enough to give it back :)

This unfortunately happened to me last year! was on nemesis for my 2nd ride of the day and i'm not even sure when it fell off all i know is i got back to the station and was missing a shoe! luckily i was staying at the hotel and so had another pair there! Although the walk and monorail ride back to splash was full of interesting looks from passersby...

Ah that's lucky! Thank goodness you were staying over and had an extra pair or you might have got some more strange looks for the rest of the day haha .:p

I do recall once having seen a guy walk from Nemesis missing a flip flop, he looked less than amused.

Don't think I've lost anything of value on rides. Just stuff like receipts from the shops around the park I'm at.

All I've ever lost was my old phone on Space Mountain at DLP. I didn't really mind, it was crappy anyway.