• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

LWV, FL & Hull fair: 6th-7th October

Which dates would you prefer and which parks should we attend first?

• I don't mind which park we do on Saturday

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I would prefer FL on Saturday

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I would prefer LWV on Saturday

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other date (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either of the above dates

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 6th-7th October

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • 8th-9th September

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

John

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
It's been a while since I visited the North-east parks, so I think it's time for a trip to Yorkshire. The date has been chosen to coincide with Hull fair, which typically proves a cheaper option than Nottingham Goose.

I will be able to provide transport for anyone doing the full trip from Stockport station (pick up 8am) or Wakefield Westgate (direct train from Kings Cross dep. 7:03 arr. 9:08). PM me if interested.

Itinerary:

Saturday: Flamingoland
Sat night: Hull Fair
Sunday: Lightwater Valley

Recommended accommodation for those doing the full trip is Hull Cave travelodge, currently £26 for a family room.

Attending:
John
Mike
Diogo

With dates now confirmed, what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Re: Late season LWV & FL trip (date TBC)

I'm up for it provided someone is willing to give me a lift... *flutters eyes at Mattmash*

Wouldn't mind this one myself. Once date decided I will be able to confirm.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Late season LWV & FL trip (date TBC)

LWV doesn't interest me but would be up for Mingo Land

LWV only for me. however I am in London most probably on 8th Sept so would likely be a no no if it were that weekend. Not really fussed on Flamingo

Me and Dar would like to do Lightwater if we could get a lift! Also John, there's an awesome little water park in York, any chance of adding that in somewhere?

Would be interested (especially LWV), but will have to check my work rota. If I'm going you're more than welcome to come with me Diogo :)

I am going to decline this. Neither park massively floats my boat and I will wait for the next decent new rides at both before returning.

:)

Would be interested for October will have to check if I'm working

I've added (and changed, because I'm an idiot) a poll to see what people's preferences are. I hope to make this meet accessible for as many people as possible so please vote.

I would be up for this as I have never been to either parks (or maybe FL when I was a child but I dont remember it), so ill be up for staying over as well to do both parks. Would prefer the date in Oct as its my friends wedding on the other date.

Just a heads up, it's the first Swashbuckling September weekend on the 8th/9th if any of ye scurvy landlubbers are interested.

I've never been to either park so as long as I can get transport then it's a possibility.

Local, quite cheap. Potentially my first ever meet. I'd probably be up for it. :)

I haven't forgotten about this in case anyone was wondering.

I've just checked travelodge prices and the Leeds Colton TL (just off the M1) is around £60 for the 8th September or £40 for 6th October. That's enough of a difference to push me towards the latter.

If anyone's interested I'll book a room ASAP. I'm thinking of going for Mingo on the Saturday and LWV on Sunday. Sign up now!

I'd personally prefer October, and LWV on Saturday, otherwise chances of me coming are slim to none.

:)

John said:
I haven't forgotten about this in case anyone was wondering.

I've just checked travelodge prices and the Leeds Colton TL (just off the M1) is around £60 for the 8th September or £40 for 6th October. That's enough of a difference to push me towards the latter.

If anyone's interested I'll book a room ASAP. I'm thinking of going for Mingo on the Saturday and LWV on Sunday. Sign up now!

Sounds good! Would be interested in a room space if 6th October is confirmed & it hasnt already been filled :)

After a discussion with John on this over the weekend, can confirm Im 100% going to this! Just need to work out how Im getting there now :)

Thanks to Craig for pointing this out at the weekend - it turns out this meet coincides with Hull fair, so I plan on visiting on Saturday night after Flamingoland.

The plan is therefore:

Saturday: Flamingoland
Sat night: Hull fair
Sunday: Lightwater Valley

Accommodation for anyone planning to doing Hull fair and LWV will now be Hull South Cave travelodge, currently priced at £26

Annoyingly I can't edit the original post or change the thread title.