• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mack Rides: Wilde Maus XXL

Sam

TS Member
Screamscape brings us the first video of the fascinating new Wilde Maus XXL coaster, which premièred in Hamburg this week.

It seems to be a normal Maurer Mack! mouse, which has been adapted with an extra-tall lifthill and two huge drops before continuing with the normal layout as if nothing's happened!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVBlScXmZM&hd=1[/youtube]

Re: Wilde Maus XXL

So the most ridiculous Wild Mouse you've ever ridden, followed by a solid BANG into the car infront at the station? Sign me up!

This is Mack you fool!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Beat me to it!

Is this a new ride or a modified one? If it's a modification, do we know if it was Mack who did the modifying?

It seems that taking an existing ride, making it a bit bigger, and calling it "blah... XXL" is all the rage at the moment.

Gosh! The duration of the POV is 1:20 from top of lift to final brakes. Long ride!

:)

I don't think this is a job by Mack, but I think it's been done with their consultation and blessing. At least I think that's what's happening, based on trying to decipher their website. I can't make much of it, even with Google Translate.

I don't get it. I like a steep drop as much as the next guy but why wouldn't you just keep the wildmouse as a fun family attraction? Just seems an odd decision, if you want something thrilling buy something thrilling, don't just modify a family ride?

Or am I alone? Still I wouldn't mind a go.

I can see where you are comming from. I can only assume it's a lot less expensive to do this than buy a new coaster.
Personally, I find the hairpins on mouse coasters tedious beyond belief. A waste of hight that could be put to better use. They should be at the end of the ride, not rhe start.

But would it not be cheaper and more marketable to have a new ride? Surely the perception is that a wild mouse is not that intense, so why make one that way?

I have to agree, they just seem to be there to get you back to the station. I prefer nice steep bunny hops similar to Rattlesnake at Chessington!

DiogoJ42 said:
Personally, I find the hairpins on mouse coasters tedious beyond belief. A waste of hight that could be put to better use. They should be at the end of the ride, not rhe start.

I think they provide a breath of fresh air to mouse coasters really. Blackpool's Wild Mouse is similar by the fact it was two drops, then changes to the switchbacks much like this version - and I don't think it detracts too much from the experience. Saying that, it does recuperate itself with some insane manoeuvres just before re-entering the station.

Blackpool's hairpins are different to the hairpins on steel mice. On steel mice, they're exactly engineered and completely straight, and boring. On the Blackpool mouse, they're a bit more curvy and weird, and taken at speed, and feel a bit more 'out-of-control'.

I get the point of what they've done here. The usual wildmouse turns, with a couple big drops to balance the experience. Doesn't make it a better layout or anything, but it's an interesting new version of the original.

Is it me, or does it look a lot faster through the "normal" mouse track than usual?