• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Maurer to leave industry (awaiting confirmation)

Rick

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Crux
IMaurer is said to have made the decision to leave the industry, according to Park World:

They haven't been getting a ton of new business, to be fair. Zamperla, Premier and perhaps more so, Gerstlauer have picked up a lot of potential orders for the company, so perhaps the market place is simply too crowded.

If you don't know much about the firm, they're responsible for Spinball & Dragon's Fury, G-Force at Drayton, Flamingo Land's Wild Mouse which now operates at Pleasurewood Hills, which is the same model as Rattlesnake at Chessington.

Not great rides, you might say - but some of the newer large scale stuff they have been doing with X-Car is pretty fun, including Shock and Rip, Ride, Rockit

The company has a tenuous link to Anton Swartzkopf himself, having purchased Bayerische Hütten Stahl who fabricated a few of his later rides including Lisebergbanan, Jetline and the glorious Olympia Looping.

Not confirmed, but Park World is usually fairly reliable - too reliable sometimes, outing stuff that parks and manufacturers aren't quite ready to disclose!

Reactions: Tim
Well, the industry safety standards should rise at least. :p

While it's a shame to see any company cease, I can't say this will be a massive loss to the world. Pretty much everything they offer, someone else does better. We'll always have Winjas to remember them by.

Well I imagine a lot of geeks will be happy if this is true :p

Seriously though It is sad to see them stop making coasters if this is true. They weren't amazing but I always liked their spinning coasters. But as Slaphead says, someone else makes better versions of their models.

It's odd because they're building a new monorail Motorbike(?) coaster at Skyline park for later this season.

It's odd because they're building a new monorail Motorbike(?) coaster at Skyline park for later this season.
It's a big company outside of the coaster division, but I believe it's quite a large workforce for a fairly small output. I think it's harder to make money when you have your own steel fabricating facilities, B&M have the right model, it seems.