1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maurer to leave industry (awaiting confirmation)

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Rick, 4th Jun 2016.

1. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    IMaurer is said to have made the decision to leave the industry, according to Park World:

[​IMG]

They haven't been getting a ton of new business, to be fair. Zamperla, Premier and perhaps more so, Gerstlauer have picked up a lot of potential orders for the company, so perhaps the market place is simply too crowded.

If you don't know much about the firm, they're responsible for Spinball & Dragon's Fury, G-Force at Drayton, Flamingo Land's Wild Mouse which now operates at Pleasurewood Hills, which is the same model as Rattlesnake at Chessington.

Not great rides, you might say - but some of the newer large scale stuff they have been doing with X-Car is pretty fun, including Shock and Rip, Ride, Rockit

The company has a tenuous link to Anton Swartzkopf himself, having purchased Bayerische Hütten Stahl who fabricated a few of his later rides including Lisebergbanan, Jetline and the glorious Olympia Looping.

Not confirmed, but Park World is usually fairly reliable - too reliable sometimes, outing stuff that parks and manufacturers aren't quite ready to disclose!

Tim likes this.
    Posted 4th Jun 2016
  2. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Well, the industry safety standards should rise at least. :p

While it's a shame to see any company cease, I can't say this will be a massive loss to the world. Pretty much everything they offer, someone else does better. We'll always have Winjas to remember them by.

CSLKenny and Rick like this.
    Posted 4th Jun 2016
  3. TedTheHuman

TedTheHuman TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Well I imagine a lot of geeks will be happy if this is true :p

Seriously though It is sad to see them stop making coasters if this is true. They weren't amazing but I always liked their spinning coasters. But as Slaphead says, someone else makes better versions of their models.

Posted 4th Jun 2016
  4. Dar

Dar TowersStreet Member

It's odd because they're building a new monorail Motorbike(?) coaster at Skyline park for later this season.

Posted 4th Jun 2016
  5. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    It's a big company outside of the coaster division, but I believe it's quite a large workforce for a fairly small output. I think it's harder to make money when you have your own steel fabricating facilities, B&M have the right model, it seems.

Posted 4th Jun 2016
  6. Ben

Ben TS Founding Member

Favourite Ride:
    Your Dad

Rick likes this.
    Posted 4th Jun 2016
  7. RyanY

RyanY TowersStreet Member

Rick likes this.
    Posted 10th Jun 2016