• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Media links in the Shoutbox

Thameslink Rail

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
Hi, myself and @Skyscraper were having trouble with media links in the shoutbox earlier, for some reason they automatically formatted in a weird way that made them difficult to access.

Screenshot_20220619-211503.pngIs there any way of just displaying the link as a standard hyperlink please? Many Thanks

Just done the same to me.

Using Chrome on Windows 10

Using either the full YouTube URL or the short .be link causes the same issue. If you knock www off the front it just pastes it plain text.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the current shoutbox. The reason the links are converting is because of the add on for the forum which is converting it into embed tags. As the shoutbox is text only due to it not formatting embedding properly, it fails to display.

The shoutbox is increasingly being used less and less, and the way the forum itself displays links takes precedence over the shoutbox. As mentioned previously, we are refraining from making modifications to the add ons we have installed too, as this may cause issues when we carry out upgrades.

Ultimately, the shoutbox is for quick text chat and not for posting media I'm afraid. So to embed videos, please use topics such as the Youtube thread or alternatively the TS Discord.