• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merchandise Worldwide

ThemeParkCrafter

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Th13teen
After seeing in my room, an old information book about Disney World (Vacation Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and the construction of EPCOT), I thought it would be a great idea to start a new thread about worldwide merchandise.

Park merchandise is an interesting and divisive topic, but starting this thread would be a much better idea if you could tell us more specifically what it is about merchandise that you want to discuss, as you've given us a very vague starting point for discussion. :)

To expand on what @Cheese is saying, people are unlikely to reply to a thread if the original post is quite vague, and not very well explained - so much so that other members have to ask what the topic poster means for the thread to be about! Perhaps you could start the thread off by giving more examples of merchandise, due to it being a very broad subject, along with images of items to encourage other users to do the same thing.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me, or any other team member, a private message. :)

Now now, any threads regarding merchandise are immediately good threads! :p

I've just got back from Florida myself and dread to think how much money I spent on merch at Walt Disney World. I purchased a DVD, Imagineering the Magic of the Magic Kingdom, which I watched just the other day - it provides a fantastic insight into exactly how the park was concieved, it is basically the stroy of the park told by legendary imagineers! I highly recommend it.

I am a keen collector of nice books and DVDs about theme parks so it always a delight when a theme park sells such material. You are spoilt for choice by the books on offer at WDW.

:)

I have a bookmark dating from 2010 advertising the opening on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort

I appear to be collecting hotel drink menus, having a hardback menu from both Spirit of St Louis in Bell Rock and also the Dragon Bar in Hotel Ling Bao.

I like to collect weird things money can't buy. Eg, I have a stone from the ride area of Octonauts on its opening day and a room menu from the Enchanted Village Lodges. I like pin badges too. :)

I have a guild book for Disney land paris from it opening year when it was called eurodisney

Now now, any threads regarding merchandise are immediately good threads! :p

I've just got back from Florida myself and dread to think how much money I spent on merch at Walt Disney World. I purchased a DVD, Imagineering the Magic of the Magic Kingdom, which I watched just the other day - it provides a fantastic insight into exactly how the park was concieved, it is basically the stroy of the park told by legendary imagineers! I highly recommend it.

I am a keen collector of nice books and DVDs about theme parks so it always a delight when a theme park sells such material. You are spoilt for choice by the books on offer at WDW.

:)

Do you mind sharing which books you find most interesting? Can they be purchased online?

I got a goofy tshirt when I went to disneyland Paris. And a pen from durinell.

Saw a post from Theme Park Worldwide (shared to a Facebook group I'm part of) with his entire wall filled with theme park mugs and I'm curious. What merchandise does the TowersStreet community collect?

As for myself, hardly anything except maps. I will buy a shirt if I like it, but very few designs catch my eye.

I'm too tight to fork out on merchandise tbh. Especially at the Merlin parks.

I'm happy with my map collection, I'll always grab a few from each park every visit to be stashed away to look back on.

I did however purchase a Colossus t shirt at Thorpe last season, because Colossus is life.

I'm a sucker for pin badges, though due to hand luggage regulations, it's not always easy to get them back to the UK. I've also got a rather lovely EP fleece, a few theme park soft toys (yes, I know I'm 26, but I don't care :p), and a lot of theme park T-shirts. One of my favourites is a Hyperion T-shirt which I purchased from Energylandia for 65 zloty, which is currently equivalent to about £13. Got to be the cheapest park T-shirt I've ever bought! Oh, and I've also got a rather large Shambhala mug which lives at work.

The only merchandise I tend to buy is pin badges, as they are easy to get and fairly cheap (although the rate they keep going up!).

However I’m not one of these people who buy every single one they see, I tend to buy them if I either like the ride or the badge. And not just for the sake of buying them.

If I go to a new park I try to at least get one from the park if they sell them. And it’s not just theme parks, I’ve got a few normal tourist attractions pin badges as well.