• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Parks & Attractions: Quick Questions.

Ted

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Kondaa
Have a question relating to a Merlin park or a Attraction that needs answering? Well you can ask any question here and get it answered here!

:)

Does anyone know if the path at THORPE PARK which goes from the crust sandwich shop, past (the closed) Saw alive leading to Saw the ride is open? It was blocked off on my last visit in May.

Not sure if this is in the right place or not but do you think the sun will do a free ticket offer for thrope park again? As I think it will be the only way I ever get to go there

I think its probably to late now as we are hitting main season, they have done Towers and Legoland already this year in the Sun.

You could always go using 2 for 1?

This seems like a really dim question, but it's bugging me!

Does The Swarm have 4 or 5 inversions? Or would you say that incline loops invert?

Georgiaa said:

Does The Swarm have 4 or 5 inversions? Or would you say that incline loops invert?

Good question. It's really a tough one to decide, but I would say it doesn't technically invert, despite Thorpe saying in press videos etc. that it has 5. Sorry if that's a bit vague.

Georgiaa said:

According to RCDB, The Swarm has 5 Inversions

:)

Hello everyone, I've a few quick questions please!

I'm going on Thursday 13th this month (first time in about 3 years so quite excited!), I'm guessing it will be quiet but was wondering if someone might have a better idea?

Are there are rides suffering major downtime at the moment? The website doesn't say anything but wanted to double-check on here.

Many thanks! :)

Merlin Parks & Attractions: Quick Questions.

Welcome to TST!

A Thursday in September, after the schools have gone back should be fairly quiet tbh... I wouldn't expect to be queuing more than half an hour at the longest points of the day to be honest :)

Equally, as far as I'm aware there isn't any major downtime at the moment. Although of course this can always change before your trip - but if there is anything, you'll be able to find out about it on here as someone will know!

Have a good trip!

So, I've heard a rumour now from a few people regarding the grand pier in wsm (where I live), I don't have a definite source except word of mouth, but apparently, Merlin have bought the grand pier from Kerry & michelle Michael mbe.

Reports suggest somewhere in the £100m mark, if I had more proof I would've made a topic to discuss but I'll leave it here for now... I personally can't find any news anywhere online, but I used to work for the michael's a year ago and have heard this from 3 current members of staff!!

Currently in Thorpe Park and queues are pretty bad. Stealth running 1 train with a queue time of 80 mins

Other rides are at 60min mark or more too. It's all down to the free sun tickets as everyone had some!

I have a question about APs and the January sale if anyone can answer it?

How much was a standard MAP and a premium MAP during the sale last year inc. VAT?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

After just checking my bank statement, the standard one was £78, then if you wanted a premium one you had to pay the £35 to upgrade it, making it £113.

Currently thinking about buying a Merlin Annual Pass for the first time this year but I have a few questions.

1: How do you enter the parks with the pass?
2: How use them for car parking (premium that is)?
3: Does the driver of the car have to have a pass or can any member of the passengers have the pass to qualify for free parking (again premium)?
4: Is there a way to get tickets for friends and family at a lower rate who don't own a pass?

Many thanks :)

JAMMYD778 said:
Currently thinking about buying a Merlin Annual Pass for the first time this year but I have a few questions.

3: Does the driver of the car have to have a pass or can any member of the passengers have the pass to qualify for free parking (again premium)?
4: Is there a way to get tickets for friends and family at a lower rate who don't own a pass?

I can answer all but one of those questions.

1) You simply enter through the designated MAP entrance - there will be a staff member with a scanner standing there (its usually the leftmost entrance next to the ticket collection).
2) Not sure having never owned a MAP Premium, better someone else to answer.
3) Anyone in the car can use their MAP Premium, not just the driver
4) I originally thought not but take KN's advice over me :)

JAMMYD778 said:

1. You enter the AP Entrance where they scan the barcode.
2. You show the attendant on the way out (AT does this for sure)
3. Just give the pass to the driver before they see it
4. 50% Off for friends and family, you ring up 1 day before your visit.

Friends & Family tickets
Merlin Annual Passholders can pre-book tickets to treat their friends and family to a day out for less at selected Merlin attractions across the UK

As a Merlin Annual Passholder, you can treat your friends and family to a day out for less, with savings of up to 50%. Let your friends join you on your next visit to any of the attractions listed below by booking them a ticket at least 24 hours in advance by calling 08444 77 44 44.

What's more, we’ll refund the cost of the ticket if they upgrade to a Merlin Annual Pass on the day of visiting. All they need to do is show their Friends and Family ticket at any Pass purchase point before they leave the attraction.

Attractions included:

Alton Towers Resort
Adults: £25.20 / Children: 20.16

Chessington World of Adventures Resort
Adults: £19.80 / Children: £14.40

Edinburgh Dungeon
Adults: £11.34 / Children: £8.40

York Dungeon
Adults: £10.92 / Children: £7.98

LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
Adults: £21.60 / Children: £17.10

LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre, Manchester
Adults: £8.10 / Children: £8.10

Madame Tussauds, London
Adult £22.50 / Children £19.35

THORPE PARK
Adult £24.00 / Children £18.00

Warwick Castle
Castle only: Adults £11.40 / Children £7.80

SEA LIFE
Birmingham: Adults £9.00 / Children £7.20

Blackpool: Adults £7.50 / Children £6.00

Brighton: Adults £8.10 / Children £5.70

Great Yarmouth: Adults £7.20 / Children £7.20

Loch Lomond: Adults £6.60 / Children £6.60

Scarborough: Adults £7.50 / Children £5.70

Weymouth: Adults £10.00 / Children £10.00

Gweek: Adults £7.20 / Children £6.00

Hunstanton: Adults £6.90 / Children £6.90

Oban: Adults £6.60 / Children £5.40

Tickets are valid for one visit to the specified attraction, however, you may purchase as many tickets as you like. All prices are subject to change.

How to get this offer
To take advantage of this Passholder Perk, please call 08444 77 44 44 and quote "Passholder Friends and Family offer".

This offer is not available on-the-day of visit and may be booked by the Passholder or guest visiting. Tickets must be booked no later than 24 hours in advance of visiting. Lines are open from 9am to 5pm daily, although times may change during seasonal holiday periods. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.

Hard to argue with that really isn't it? Even for someone like me lol!