• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini England tour, 23rd -2nd septmeber

toofpikk

TS Member
Well, this falls under 2 catergories in these forums, so I decided to post it here.

Hey everyone! For the first time in 2 years I'm going to Alton towers, however its just a week away now. I have a premium merlin annual pass. My Dad wants to come with me, but is also a thrill seeker. 2 Years ago I chickened out of oblivion whilst he went on it twice :D. Besides, I was wondering if I could get some explanations and was wondering if anyone else wouldn't mind coming on that day?

We plan on arriving there for early ride time. I was curious if you could take a friend with you for early ride time

In early ride time, what is the normal line up?

Baring in mind I'm going on a friday, is it worth buying fast passes in advance, or leaving them to be judged when we are in the park?

What ride order would you recommend (I am desperate to do the smiler and RITA, as RITA was broken down for the whole day when I went, and the smiler looks insane!)

What rides would you not recommend?

I am also planning on visiting Thorpe park on the 29th, and Chessington on the 1st or 2nd. Im already planning to meet up with one person at chessy, it would be neat to meet people at thorpe!

Thanks guys!

I can't answer your questions as I don't really know that stuff^^; I'm sure someone else will be able to answer them.

But I am curious, when are you visiting Alton? Because if it's the 24th or 26th, that's when we're having our next meet.

toofpikk said:
Well, this falls under 2 catergories in these forums, so I decided to post it here.

Hey everyone! For the first time in 2 years I'm going to Alton towers, however its just a week away now. I have a premium merlin annual pass, and also plan on buying a my day dvd set for the whole day (if they still do them).

They YourDay DVD system was removed a couple of years ago unfortunately, I think the only ride left that you can buy a DVD of is Air.

TedTheHuman said:
I can't answer your questions as I don't really know that stuff^^; I'm sure someone else will be able to answer them.

But I am curious, when are you visiting Alton? Because if it's the 24th or 26th, that's when we're having our next meet.

Ow, thats annoying, haha. I'm staying in wolverhampton and thats the last full day I'm having there, so I can't change dates. 23rd is the only day I'm going to AT. :p

toofpikk said:
We plan on arriving there for early ride time. I was curious if you could take a friend with you for early ride time
Only guests with ERT (annual pass holders, hotel guests and tickets bought online at altontowers.com) can now enter the main park for ERT (everyone can enter the gates, but none ERT guests have to wait near Sonic Spinball or Battle Galleons. So it depends if your dad has an annual pass or how he is planning on getting a ticket?
toofpikk said:
In early ride time, what is the normal line up?
Nemesis, The Blade, Duel, Minetrain, Sharkbait reef and Maraders Mayhem.

toofpikk said:
Baring in mind I'm going on a friday, is it worth buying fast passes in advance, or leaving them to be judged when we are in the park?
I would wait until you get to the park, if its a wet day it wont be so busy.

toofpikk said:
What ride order would you recommend (I am desperate to do the smiler and RITA, as RITA was broken down for the whole day when I went, and the smiler looks insane!)
If you do ERT I would suggest doing all ERT rides, then at 10am head over to the dark forest and do Rita followed by TH13TEEN, followed by all the rides in that area (depending if you wish to do them) such as Charlie, Ice Age, Hex and twirling Toadstools. I would then head over to the Valley via the skyride and do Air, Nemesis (if you wish to do it again), Nemesis Sub-Terra, Ripsaw and The Blade. Then head to Duel, Minetrain, Rapids, Flume, battle galleons (But if its a hot sunny day, get the water rides done early!). The best time for Smiler and Oblivion is usually around 1-3pm. Sonic will be busy most of the time, so do this when ever you wish! Or if you are in no hurry to get home, join the queue right at the end of the day (just before 6pm), as you will get on the ride anyway, but you won't be leaving the park till late.

If you don't have ERT, I would suggest head straight to Rita, and follow the same as above.

toofpikk said:
What rides would you not recommend?
It all depends what you like really! I personally wouldn't bother with Battle Galleons or Flume, unless its very hot and sunny! I'm also not a fan of Submission, but its up to you really. If you want to chill out for a little while, I would also suggest having a little look around the farm, its nice and relaxing there!

Finally have fun, and let us know how you get on!

djtruefitt said:
Only guests with ERT (annual pass holders, hotel guests and tickets bought online at altontowers.com) can now enter the main park for ERT (everyone can enter the gates, but none ERT guests have to wait near Sonic Spinball or Battle Galleons. So it depends if your dad has an annual pass or how he is planning on getting a ticket?
[/quote]

We plan on buying it through my annual pass (the 50%+ off when you order 24 hours or more in advance).

Thanks for all the info!

I assume so, but dont take my word. If your buying the tickets in advance then you should get prebooked ticket ERT.