• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: Blackpool Pleasure Beach / Alton Towers: 22-23 February 2014

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
This follows from a similar meet last season, when some of us went up to Blackpool Pleasure Beach on the Saturday and then stayed over near Warrington and then visited Alton Towers for the final day of Half Term on the Sunday!

It was a blast, we had a great meal on the Saturday night and it was an awesome way to spend a February weekend!

The plan will be as follows:

Friday, 21st February
6.00pm Meet at the Holiday Inn, Warrington
7.30pm Evening meal at Malscrat Manor (Fayre & Square Pub, 5 mins walk from hotel)

Saturday, 22nd February 2014:
8:30am - Leave hotel, breakfast en route
10:30am - Meet at the Ark, Pleasure Beach.
11:00am - 5:00pm - Pleasure Beach Rides Open
8.00pm - Evening Meal near Holiday Inn, Warrington

Sunday, 23rd February 2014:
8:15am - Leave hotel, breakfast en route
9:30am - Meet at Splash Landings, Alton Towers
10:00am - 4:00pm - Alton Towers Rides Open

If you are interested, please post and discuss!

Hotel as follows - rooms sleep 2 people, recommend the 2x double bed twin arrangement.

Holiday Inn Warrington
Woolston Grange Avenue,
Warrington,
England WA1 4PX

Book here: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/reservation

I think ill certainly be interested! As i'm working the opening weekend of Feb half term, so may not be able to get there for opening. You can put me down as a yes for the towers part, and also put me down as a maybe for the Blackpool bit!

I don't think I can make Blackpool but I'll certainly try and get to Towers!

:)

I might be up for this, depending on money. We actually live partway between Blackpool and Towers so it's quite convenient. What's open at Blackpool then?

Yes - Pleasure Beach is fully operational and wristbands are cheap as chips!

I am highly tempted by this as my attendance at the FHT meet may not be possible due to work. Will have to check nearer the time. I would love to do this as i have never been to Blackpool before. :)

Considering the Ibis at Preston North; which is adjacent to a Fayre & Square pub or 15 minutes walk from an Ember Inns.

:)

I am interested!

I've not been to BPB before, so going with some seasoned peeps would be really helpful.

I'll be travelling from Kent, so will probably be able to help someone with transport.

tryst said:
I am interested!

I've not been to BPB before, so going with some seasoned peeps would be really helpful.

I'll be travelling from Kent, so will probably be able to help someone with transport.

That would defo help me out basically getting off the m25 and a few minutes drive.