• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mirabilandia: General Discussion

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
I can't believe that we don't have an existing thread for Mirabilandia, the Italian theme park home to Katun and iSpeed.

In 2011 they added Master Thai, a Preston & Barbieri coaster which looks shocking. Well guess what, next year they are adding VR!

vr_0.jpg

Yipee! The VR train continue, but is it any nearer to it's final stop?

:)

At least it's a bored barnes coaster I suppose! I don't mind it so much on the blander coasters to give them a bit of a refresh, but whatever ride it's on the faff is just too damn much. I do find the advertising of these things as "new" as ridiculous though. Chuck it in by all means, but don't go advertising it as your headline addition for the year if all you're doing is giving someone a headset!

Well, this sounds interesting. Mirabilandia have just announced the addition of Ducati World for 2019! The new area is rumoured to contain a motorbike coaster (very fitting what with Ducati being a motorbike brand! I think? Don't quote me on that.), but not much else is currently known. I'm not sure about a manufacturer for the motorbike coaster. I think motorbike coasters are having a bit of a resurgence, what with Disney buying Tron rides, Universal rumoured to be buying one to replace Dragon Challenge and now Mirabilandia are rumoured to be buying one! I'm not sure how popular this land will be, because I'm not really sure how well known Ducati is.

Sorry for double posting, but we now have info on what the coaster will be. It will not be a motorbike coaster... it will be a dueling Maurer Spike Coaster. If you don't know what that is, Google Sky Dragster at Skyline Park. But a dual-tracked version.

Is it just me, or does Mirabilandia seem slightly too big of a park for a Maurer Spike Coaster?

A Maurer Spike coaster? Here I was expecting something good.

On another note though, it is interesting how few Maurer coasters have been built in the last few years. It seems as though they are outcompeted by the likes of Gerstlauer and Vekoma for low cost coasters now.

Wow, a pretty shocking addition that will likely have an inadequate throughput. And to think this is the park that gave us Katun and iSpeed!

EDIT:

Here's a look at some concepts:

8N4ERmE.jpg

f0b1e553876d3e4b62c599df4e127e67.png

Source

:)

Last edited:
It also has DiVertical and Master Thai though...

Well that's me completely dis-interested in this one...

Who wants to bet that the simulators are flying theatres? Those things are really popular in mainland Europe at the moment (Europa Park, PortAventura, Legoland in the future). On a side note, aren't Maurer Spike Coasters incredibly slow and rider-powered, to an extent? I think I saw that the top speed of Sky Dragster was 20mph somewhere. Not sure where, though. It isn't on RCDB.

Also, @Benzin, what is so awful about DiVertical and Master Thai from someone who hasn't ridden? They look OK from a non-rider's perspective.

Furthermore, and sorry to keep adding to this post; @Brad97, I think you might be right about Maurer selling less coasters lately, because a look through RCDB shows that the only roller coasters Maurer has sold outside of Asia and Eastern Europe in recent times (i.e. the last 5 years) are;
  • Undertow at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
  • Laff Trakk at Hersheypark
  • Sky Dragster at Skyline Park
And this new thing at Mirabilandia will add a 4th to that list. I should really include Asia and Eastern Europe, but there are too many parks in China and the other places building SkyLoops for me to keep track. So that sort of tells us that Maurer isn't doing an awful lot of business these days. And when the fact that the company apparently almost went bankrupt last year... I think they're having a tough time competing at the moment. Anyway, I should really get back on topic!

Last edited:
I don't understand the appeal of this at all. Just build something like Juvelen, theme it to motorbikes. Much better investment and I doubt it would cost much more than two of those pointless Maurer things.

Also, @Benzin, what is so awful about DiVertical and Master Thai from someone who hasn't ridden? They look OK from a non-rider's perspective.

Master Thai is cheap crap (like, seriously cheap and seriously crap), DiVertical wasn't open when I last went so I look down upon it (even though it was Easter Weekend)...

DiVertical is excellent if you want to get completely and utterly soaked. And the novelty of the elevator lift and gigantic, steep drop is also a plus. I don't imagine it was cheap for them to buy/build though!

DiVertical is excellent if you want to get completely and utterly soaked. And the novelty of the elevator lift and gigantic, steep drop is also a plus. I don't imagine it was cheap for them to buy/build though!
I also think it is/was extremely unreliable, as I did hear on CoasterForce Forum that the ride was closed for a whole 2 years between August 2014 and some time in 2016.

Master Thai is appalling.

Divertical is OK.

But the park is owned by P.R. and they are rubbish.