• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MMOC Potteries Branch Rally 1992

Poisson

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Giant Squid
As you may know, I'm a member of the Morris Minor Owners Club. During a recent hunt around the old pictures, a sealed vault was found and within, the legendary fallen branch itself some pictures were found from the Potteries Branch Annual Rally at Alton Towers in 1992. I'll put them up in 4 blocks.

Block 1
Alton_Towers_1992_01.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_02.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_03.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_04.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_05.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_06.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_07.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_08.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_09.jpg

Block 2
Alton_Towers_1992_10.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_11.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_12.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_13.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_16.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_19.jpg

Block 3
Alton_Towers_1992_21.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_22.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_23.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_24.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_25.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_26.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_27.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_28.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_29.jpg

Block 4
Alton_Towers_1992_30.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_31.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_32.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_33.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_34.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_35.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_F.jpg

Alton_Towers_1992_R.jpg

Is this the Air car park location they are on?

Roughly yes, that is the car park near Air. You can see the Beast in the background of a couple of the photos.

LiamC said:
Roughly yes, that is the car park near Air. You can see the Beast in the background of a couple of the photos.

Thought so. The area looked very different 22 years ago!

Sweet photo's Tom. Some really good ones there with (as you and others have mentioned) the rarely seen view from the back of Thunder Valley with the Beast, Thunder Looper and monorail all featured in some of them. Very nice to see :)

Edit - Would you mind if I stick a few up on my FB page later on? I will watermark them fully crediting you if so. Just let me know what you want me to label them as if you're happy with that. No worries if not though :)

BarryZola said:
Sweet photo's Tom. Some really good ones there with (as you and others have mentioned) the rarely seen view from the back of Thunder Valley with the Beast, Thunder Looper and monorail all featured in some of them. Very nice to see :)

Edit - Would you mind if I stick a few up on my FB page later on? I will watermark them fully crediting you if so. Just let me know what you want me to label them as if you're happy with that. No worries if not though :)

Credit the Potteries Branch MMOC as well, I was only passing them on.

Just label them as MMOC Potteries Branch Rally 1992, Alton Towers. Then give a rough guesstimate of the area they are in :)

Poison Tom 96 said:
BarryZola said:

Credit the Potteries Branch MMOC as well, I was only passing them on.

Just label them as MMOC Potteries Branch Rally 1992, Alton Towers. Then give a rough guesstimate of the area they are in :)

Cheers Tom, I'll do that ;)

I'll put them up tonight if I'm still awake :)