• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Moon Voyager rooms and beyond!

Josh

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Team Edit: A number of these posts have been moved from the 2013 general topic.

This has just been tweeted by Theme Park Worldwide:

Moon Voyager rooms coming to Alton Towers in 2013!

BBn0jNUCAAAT1Bf.jpg

Looks like we're getting some more themed rooms this year :)

Oooh nice to see that there will be even more themed rooms added! It seems the hotels are getting some nice additions this year! :)

Ellie said:
Oooh nice to see that there will be even more themed rooms added! It seems the hotels are getting some nice additions this year! :)

The Moon Voyager bedrooms aren't themed suites such as The Smiler and Sonic Suites. The Moon Voyager rooms are the new re-vamped bedrooms which are part of the Hotels refurbishment. :)

siralgenon said:
Ellie said:

The Moon Voyager bedrooms aren't themed suites such as The Smiler and Sonic Suites. The Moon Voyager rooms are the new re-vamped bedrooms which are part of the Hotels refurbishment. :)

They may not be suites, but they are still themed rooms, as they have a theme which is different to the regular explorer rooms. And since there are only going to be 14 of them I assume they will be of a higher tier than the regular rooms.

Josh said:
siralgenon said:
Ellie said:

They may not be suites, but they are still themed rooms, as they have a theme which is different to the regular explorer rooms. And since there are only going to be 14 of them I assume they will be of a higher tier than the regular rooms.

There isn't only going to be 14, the whole hotel is being re-vamped in stages, with different sections of the hotel being themed to a different SirAlgenon adventure

siralgenon said:
Josh said:
siralgenon said:
Ellie said:

There isn't only going to be 14, the whole hotel is being re-vamped in stages, with different sections of the hotel being themed to a different SirAlgenon adventure

I think you'll find there will only be 14 Moon Voyager rooms, at least for now anyway. Although I didn't know that they were re-theming the rest of the rooms. How did you find this out?

Josh said:
siralgenon said:
Josh said:
siralgenon said:
Ellie said:

I think you'll find there will only be 14 Moon Voyager rooms, at least for now anyway. Although I didn't know that they were re-theming the rest of the rooms. How did you find this out?

Im not sure of the exact number of Moon Voyager rooms, it will only be the 3rd floor left wing, but gradually the rest of the hotel will be revamped with different rooms :)

siralgenon said:
Im not sure of the exact number of Moon Voyager rooms, it will only be the 3rd floor left wing, but gradually the rest of the hotel will be revamped with different rooms :)

Awesome :) sounds good. They should do this with Splash as well, with different areas of the Hotel themed to different Caribbean countries or something :)

I think (don't quote me) that it will end up being like the Legoland hotels, where a different area / floor will have a different 'story' such as Legolands 'Pirate', 'Adventure' and 'Kingdom' floors. It certainly looks exciting and fits in with the new hotel show! ;D

This, if it is pulled off properly, sounds BRILLIANT. A big pat on the back subject to them pulling it off :)

Dave said:
So long as they upgrade the bathrooms i am happy.

They've completely gutted the rooms so the bathrooms will be fully re-fitted and upgraded :)

Yeah i guessed as much, indications are that its part of a bigger refurbishment plan which is needed, Alton Towers Hotel is 17 years old so needs a spruce up.

Also there is The Smiler Suite comming and the Lodges too so a big few years ahead for the resort side of the business.

Dave said:
Yeah i guessed as much, indications are that its part of a bigger refurbishment plan which is needed, Alton Towers Hotel is 17 years old so needs a spruce up.

Also there is The Smiler Suite comming and the Lodges too so a big few years ahead for the resort side of the business.

All of the hotel rooms will eventually be given a theme and a re-vamp, but it is supposed to be finished until 2014

Indeed that seems to be the case and would result in them being completed as the Lodges open. Will certainly make accomodation nicer in 2014.

They just need more resort activities that open later now.

Dave said:
Indeed that seems to be the case and would result in them being completed as the Lodges open. Will certainly make accomodation nicer in 2014.

Later park opening hours might be good *hint, hint*

Poison Tom 96 said:
Dave said:

Later park opening hours might be good *hint, hint*

Would be nice but i doubt it will happen. A Disney Village style area would be great though with a range of activities for people to do in the evening. And open the water park later!

It's kinda like Dragon Bar. 'Oh, there's lots of people buying drinks? Quick, close the bar!' :p

So every room in ATH is going to be 'themed' in some way? How many of each theme will there be? I presume the first theme is this Moon Voyager thing? Sounds pretty good, it makes every guest's stay just that little bit more special!