• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MTV US Inbetweeners Remake

Scott

Former TS Team Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 890&type=1

This is why we can't have nice things...

307049_478656055481307_2052064246_n.jpg

Anyone else think this will be ruined?

I'm more convinced than ever that if it wasn't for South Park, comedy in America would have died years ago.

That picture is embarrassing.

If this is anything like the Office and other American rip-offs, then it's going to be plain awful. I'm not even sure American audiences will "get it".

This is all over Facebook at the moment. :p

It's a shame to see lack of originality hitting the US yet again, taking our great shows and turning them into jokes.

By the looks of it this remake will copy Skins US (Check this disaster out) and be an exact copy of our Inbetweeners.

Also, anyone ever seen the US IT Crowd pilot?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7vg1i83yek[/youtube]

Carbon copy - but it never aired. Plain awful. Should have just shown ours instead...

mrbrightside said:
Also, anyone ever seen the US IT Crowd pilot?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7vg1i83yek[/youtube]

Carbon copy - but it never aired. Plain awful. Should have just shown ours instead...

Moss is the only good thing about the whole thing.. I'm atleast glad they got Richard Ayoade to do the role again. But yeah, I'm also so glad it never saw the light of air time in the US...

:)

It'll be crap, American's just don't know how to do comedy properly, especially the kind The Inbetweeners is.

Why oh why do the americans have to copy out TV shows?

Life on Mars, the office, This, Dads army, IT crowd are all great british TV shows that they have ripped of us.

And this one just looks terrible. :(

Apparently, Mr.Gilbert will be replaced by a female teacher. Time to get my shotgun

I knew they were making one, and that the pilot was set at Universal but still, it would have a better reception if it were to create its own plots.

I guarantee it'll be like everything else American 'comedy' is. Innuendo -> Young kid saying/doing something rude -> crude, simple, pointless knob gag -> repeat.

You can tell just looking at the picture they've got it all wrong. They don't get the characters at all and have exaggerated and tried to make them more 'comical' and slapstick.

The Inbetweeners works because it's a very realistic, albeit dramatised exaggerated and skewered representation of teenage life and everyone can relate themselves to the characters and the sort of things that happen. You either know someone who is/was a Jay or Neill or Simon or Will or you are/were that character, or more likely a mix of them. It's obvious that the American version doesn't understand this, or understand teenagers.

Jonathan said:
So it'll be Miss Gilbert now? Oh, great. ::)

On a side note, I found this yesterday on Twitter thanks to what I'm guessing is a slight parody account of Will.
http://prntscr.com/b3xko
The parody accounts for all of them are great! :p

Blaze said:
The Inbetweeners works because it's a very realistic, albeit dramatised exaggerated and skewered representation of teenage life and everyone can relate themselves to the characters and the sort of things that happen. You either know someone who is/was a Jay or Neill or Simon or Will or you are/were that character, or more likely a mix of them. It's obvious that the American version doesn't understand this, or understand teenagers.
This is why I've never watched Skins - it's an idealised representation of what teenage life is like. The Inbetweeners is a much more realistic representation of teenage life, although it is slightly exaggerated in places. :p

*Me imagines fake Simon saying "Soccer Friend" in American accent*

Kill me.