• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

My Europa Experience

Matt.

TS Member
So after my first ever visit to Europa, I wanted to post a quick report, though it's more just thoughts and observations really.

First thing I noticed when arriving was the heat. It was disgustingly hot on both days I visited. It was between 35-38 degrees, which meant we were thirsty - but there are no drinking fountains anywhere in sight and with water 2.75€ a pop - it began to get quite expensive. It would've also been nice to be told you get a 25c refund on the bottles before our last day - but I suppose we should've asked?

What I really loved most ok the boiling hot days were sitting in the Italy area, taking off my shoes and sticking my legs in the cool water of the Venice fountain area, that was perfect and so well thought out. I think most parks would discourage you from doing that, but EP actively encouraged you.

Whilst I'm talking about the heat, it's probably worth pointing out - DO NOT ride Euro-Sat in the heat. Rising up through the centre of the dome was unbearably hot - it must have been 40 degrees plus in there and all I kept thinking was if we break down here, people are gonna pass out. Air conditioning was a bit factor on a lot of areas on park, I guess we did have freak weather but most restaurants and rides weren't air conditioned.

Blue Fire and Silver Star were amazing. I loved both of these rides so much, especially the theme of Blue Fire, it was a level I've never experienced before. Mack's launch coaster seriously pisses all over the Intamins - to the restraints, the floor less effect, the stadium style seating and the smooth but exhilarating launch. Oh and the final inversion wasn't too bad either ;)

The water rides were great, although some didn't exactly get me as soaked as I would like in the heat. Super Splash was more Moderately Moist! And I wish they played something more original music wise than PotC (same for Poseidon). Quick question time - could the turntable technically ever send a boat down the main drop backwards?

During our stay I booked a guest house which was fine enough, but our first night sleep was awful as the heat didn't die down and it wasn't air conditioned. So I decided to splash out and booked our final night to be at Santa Isabel. The hotel was literally exquisite. Every last detail was thought about and it was lovely and cool in our room that night which I was really pleased about. We also checked out the Spirit of St Louis bar which was great and the Buena Vista which again was lovely and cosy and the view over Iceland and Super Splash was great.

I should also mention having been to DLP, WDW and PA, the staff at EP were great. I have to admit I was slightly worried that the awesomeness of the park and resort would be let down by the German to the point attitude of things, but it was the complete opposite. Most staff went out of their way to help us and even those who couldn't speak English tried their best.

I know this post has been very disjointed and not a typical review but just a collection of my immediate thoughts!

I can't wait to return to EP.

Thanks for sharing. The temperatures at EP last week are exceptional and not the norm. Temperatures in the peak of summer typically hover between 25 and 30C. I agree that water is expensive in the park (although with current rates it works out at €2.50 per bottle once you take off the 25c returnable tax - which works out at £1.80 at current rates, less than a bottle at Alton Towers). What I would recommend is going to Lidl or Edeka (supermarkets near the hotels) and buying a load of small bottles for cheaper, and taking them into the park.

Frankly I drink beer on a hot day at EP as it's almost as cheap as coke...

:D

Yes I was debating buying beer - as you say it was nearly as cheap as water. But when it's that hot, replacing beer with water could be disastrous ;)