• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nagashima Spa Land: General Discussion

Sam

TS Member
2015_acrobat.jpg

Yawn.

Clearly everyone agreed with Sam's response to the addition of Acrobat! :p

Anyway, my reason for reviving this thread is that there are rumours of Nagashima Spaland getting RMC in to work their magic on White Cyclone, the park's Intamin woodie.
Screamscape said:
I'm not sure of the timeline, but Screamscape has heard a rumor that Nagashima Spaland may be looking into having RMC come transform the park's White Cyclone wooden coaster (Intamin) into a new hybrid creation within the next couple years. Anyone know more?

RMC did say in an interview the other week that they had an upcoming project in Asia/Japan (I forget if they specified whether it was Japan or not). Could this be that project?

:)

White Cyclone is pretty terrible, the last of the era of massive wooden coasters built before people actually got good at building wooden coasters.

Just a really random Nagashima-related query, but it says on Wikipedia that Steel Dragon 2000 has a maximum height restriction of 6ft 1in or 1.85m, which seems awfully low. Is this true or is it just someone vandalising on Wikipedia? Not that I’m visiting Nagashima any time soon or anything, was just interested to know.

I'm 1.92 myself and rode Steel Dragon 2000 a couple of times recently without any issue, and I don't remember seeing any restrictions advertised.

I'm 1.92 myself and rode Steel Dragon 2000 a couple of times recently without any issue, and I don't remember seeing any restrictions advertised.
Thanks. Must be someone trolling on Wikipedia then.

It's not a troll on Wikipedia, their Guide Map does actually state 140-185cm:

8UUzbKFJSZK9lVJGlauX5w.png

As Matt said though, we didn't see any issues with that when we were there. I'd imagine it's just them being overly careful due to the different trains or due to the tunnel on the way back.

It's not a troll on Wikipedia, their Guide Map does actually state 140-185cm:

8UUzbKFJSZK9lVJGlauX5w.png

As Matt said though, we didn't see any issues with that when we were there. I'd imagine it's just them being overly careful due to the different trains or due to the tunnel on the way back.
Is Nagashima a pay-per-ride park, sort of like a Japanese Blackpool? Because I can see prices on that document.

Yup very similar to Blackpool. You can pay entrance (1600 yen) and then last per ride as per the price list above. Or you can go down the unlimited route and get entrance and unlimited rides for 5000 yen :)

Is 5000 yen about £50? If so, that would make entry price similar to Alton’s.

Sorry for double posting, but it looks like the rumours were true, as according to RCDB, White Cyclone is closing on the 28th January 2018 to be replaced by an RMC IBox coaster in 2019! There hasn't been anything released layout-wise yet, but this sounds really exciting for both Nagashima and RMC, what with it being RMC's entry into the Asian market. Do you guys think that White Cyclone will make a good RMC?

Here is the link to the new ride's RCDB page: https://rcdb.com/15515.htm

EDIT: Is Duane trolling? Because I can't find anything at all about this elsewhere on the web.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that this is happening! Track has been on site for a couple of months now, in a lovely shade of blue.

It also looks like its going to be taller. Quite a bit of the structure has already been removed:

Certainly an exciting development! :)

An update on the RMC White Cyclone conversion. The name of the new coaster will be White Whale, with a lenth of 5020ft (about 700ft shorter than SteVe), top speed of 66mph and an 80 degree first drop.

dn2i5rbuyaar1_a.jpg

thumb_dn2ommcu0aavhql.jpg

thumb_dn2pfofucaahghs.jpg

Source

It really does look like SteVe's slightly smaller brother!

:)