• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Need advice from an Alton Towers Food Connoisseur or Employee

Who sells proper Fries (not chips)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eve

TS Member
Hi,

Our young son is neurodiverse and has very very particular food requirements. We will therefore be bringing most food to the park with us. However, we are there for 4 days so hope we can find something in park that will suit him. He will eat McDs fries. So my question is, which of all the food outlets does the most similar to McDs fries? I have been on tripadvisor and looked at photos of the restaurants and they are all medium to large chips. Can anyone advise if any of the following are more “fries” ish than “chip” ish?
Just Chicken, the Burger Kitchen, Hot Dogs and Loaded Fries. Or anywhere else?

Many thanks

Hi,

Our young son is neurodiverse and has very very particular food requirements. We will therefore be bringing most food to the park with us. However, we are there for 4 days so hope we can find something in park that will suit him. He will eat McDs fries. So my question is, which of all the food outlets does the most similar to McDs fries? I have been on tripadvisor and looked at photos of the restaurants and they are all medium to large chips. Can anyone advise if any of the following are more “fries” ish than “chip” ish?
Just Chicken, the Burger Kitchen, Hot Dogs and Loaded Fries. Or anywhere else?

Many thanks
Hi Eve, I think the Burger Kitchen will be the best bet as it is very similar to MacDonald's. I ate there last year and the fries are, well, fries. I think Just Chicken's fries will be the same as well. :)

As far as I'm aware, none of the eateries or quick service counters on park offer fries similar to McDonalds unfortunately. They're all very similar to the type of chips you'd get from a curry house or Chinese restaurant, at least in my experience.

Reactions: Eve
Just Chicken, Burger Kitchen, Hot Dogs and (most likely but not tried them to be certain) Loaded Fries in Forbidden Valley are all the same type of fries. They're a little bigger than McDonalds, and not as crispy but they're as close as you'll get on park I'm afraid. Eastern Express, Woodcutters and Rollercoaster Restaurant are all thicker "home style" chips, which although crispier I doubt he'd like if McD's are all he'd eat normally.

Burger Kitchen will be your best bet for similarity to McDonald's. Just Chicken is more similar to KFC's, but still fries nonetheless.

The Burger Kitchen fries taste nothing like McDonald's, they're more like a cross between traditional chips and French Fries and go nice with vinegar. But they're still fried potato nonetheless.

Anyway, did you say you were there for 4 days?! Wow.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk