Need advice from an Alton Towers Food Connoisseur or Employee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eve, 10th May 2021.

?

Who sells proper Fries (not chips)

Poll closed 24th May 2021.
  1. Just Chicken

40.0%
  2. Burger Kitchen

60.0%
  3. Hot Dogs and Loaded Fries

20.0%
  4. Other

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Eve

Eve TowersStreet Member

Hi,

Our young son is neurodiverse and has very very particular food requirements. We will therefore be bringing most food to the park with us. However, we are there for 4 days so hope we can find something in park that will suit him. He will eat McDs fries. So my question is, which of all the food outlets does the most similar to McDs fries? I have been on tripadvisor and looked at photos of the restaurants and they are all medium to large chips. Can anyone advise if any of the following are more “fries” ish than “chip” ish?
    Just Chicken, the Burger Kitchen, Hot Dogs and Loaded Fries. Or anywhere else?

Many thanks

imanautie likes this.
    Posted 10th May 2021
  2. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Hi Eve, I think the Burger Kitchen will be the best bet as it is very similar to MacDonald's. I ate there last year and the fries are, well, fries. I think Just Chicken's fries will be the same as well. :)

Posted 10th May 2021
  3. TheAverageNerd

TheAverageNerd TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    As far as I'm aware, none of the eateries or quick service counters on park offer fries similar to McDonalds unfortunately. They're all very similar to the type of chips you'd get from a curry house or Chinese restaurant, at least in my experience.

Eve likes this.
    Posted 10th May 2021
  4. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

Just Chicken, Burger Kitchen, Hot Dogs and (most likely but not tried them to be certain) Loaded Fries in Forbidden Valley are all the same type of fries. They're a little bigger than McDonalds, and not as crispy but they're as close as you'll get on park I'm afraid. Eastern Express, Woodcutters and Rollercoaster Restaurant are all thicker "home style" chips, which although crispier I doubt he'd like if McD's are all he'd eat normally.

Alsty, jon81uk, Skyscraper and 3 others like this.
    Posted 10th May 2021
  5. Danny

Danny Gugu Rides’ Number 1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Unknown - Parque dos Elefantes
    Burger Kitchen will be your best bet for similarity to McDonald's. Just Chicken is more similar to KFC's, but still fries nonetheless.

Skyscraper and Eve like this.
    Posted 10th May 2021
  6. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Posted 10th May 2021
  7. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

The Burger Kitchen fries taste nothing like McDonald's, they're more like a cross between traditional chips and French Fries and go nice with vinegar. But they're still fried potato nonetheless.

Anyway, did you say you were there for 4 days?! Wow.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Skyscraper likes this.
    Posted 15th May 2021