• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Alton Towers have today submitted a planning application "seeking to confirm the lawfulness of maintenance works to the "Nemesis" ride, an existing roller coaster at Alton Towers Resort", according to TowersTimes:

Could this be for, or at least relating to, the heavily rumoured Nemesis retrack? And if it is, could it be for the ride's upcoming 30th anniversary in 2024, perhaps?

Alton Towers have today submitted a planning application "seeking to confirm the lawfulness of maintenance works to the "Nemesis" ride, an existing roller coaster at Alton Towers Resort", according to TowersTimes:

Could this be for, or at least relating to, the heavily rumoured Nemesis retrack? And if it is, could it be for the ride's upcoming 30th anniversary in 2024, perhaps?

I would imagine it would be for the retrack or at least I hope so. Nemesis is great and it would be great to experience it in it's full glory and as a new ride. I love the thing now so new I imagine it's amazing.

The term that doubts me is “confirm the lawfulness of maintenance works”.

Is this a retrospective planning application for work that has already been carried out which should have had planning permission? I doubt it as surely we would have heard about it, but the wording seems a little odd for a general request for planning permission.

The term that doubts me is “confirm the lawfulness of maintenance works”.

Is this a retrospective planning application for work that has already been carried out which should have had planning permission? I doubt it as surely we would have heard about it, but the wording seems a little odd for a general request for planning permission.
It could be, I guess, but the park hasn’t resorted to retrospective planning permission for anything since the Broome era, as far as I’m aware; Tussauds and Merlin have been very keen to file planning in advance.

Why would they need to submit any kind of planning application for a retrack? There's no fundamental change to the ride, indeed most probably wouldn't visually notice...

Why would they need to submit any kind of planning application for a retrack? There's no fundamental change to the ride, indeed most probably wouldn't visually notice...
I'd assume it's probably just to run the construction by the council, as construction will generate things like noise for the locals, and they may also be clarifying that they're doing it in a correct and legal manner.

Great news. A 2024 reopening seems logical to fit in with its 30th year anniversary. Just for the love of God, do not change the soundtrack!

i think this is the reason it’s to confirm the lawfulness. They want to check to find out if a large amount of maintenance (ie a retrack) would need planning permission.
Sounds reasonable. It’ll certainly be a major project but they need to check whether or not it needs planning permission.

Just done some very quick searches on LinkedIn and Yvette who’s the registered applicants name, is the U.K. Resorts Project Director for Merlin, so whatever the plans may be they seem to involve non exec director level leadership meaning potentially big things.

I trust Merlin and B&M with a retrack as long as it isn't made by a computer software and they just reuse its original blueprints even to the smallest of details, such as how whippy some inversions are, and the old B&M sandless tracks, since modern B&Ms cant do that ever since their layouts been made on computer softwares and the addition of sand inside inside tracks to prevent their iconic howling.
*COUGH* Ban- *COUGH* -shee!!!

Hey, at least have John wardley supervise the project. I'm pretty sure he'd be less than happy if they were to ruin his favourite creation of his.

Don’t shoot me down on this but do you think the planning permission is for structural work needed in the base of the footings to support the new trains as I hear they heavier than the current trains.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.