• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’ve never ridden Nemesis in the dark before but plan to tomorrow for the first time. Does riding it in the dark transform the ride completely?
As much as I've never done it in the dark it looks like an amazing experience and I hope to be able to ride it in the dark someday.

It's times like the fireworks event, when Nemesis has been running all day, and you get a near/back row ride at night, that no matter how many times you ride it during the main season, you can appreciate what a bloody good world class coaster it is.

Absolutely not blinked at The Smiler being closed this weekend. Nemesis is hauling hard, and it's bloody fantastic.

I’ve never ridden Nemesis in the dark before but plan to tomorrow for the first time. Does riding it in the dark transform the ride completely?
Only front row really. Even during the day, you can't really see anything but the seats in front of you on an invert unless you're on front row. This year it seems to have been bathed in more bright white light than last year, but a couple of years ago, front row was awesome.

Nemesis was decidedly meh earlier. Mostly because it needed to warm up. Tonight's late night ride should be good.

Got moved to back row yesterday due to RAP guests not wanting to be on the back as my rows harnesses were being checked. Fantastic result to end the season on nemmy.

Lucky. Was hoping for a back row ride on Saturday but rows 7 and 8 were closed off for RAP. Row 6 was still satisfactory for some whip mind.

I've got to say, Nemeis was running brilliantly over the weekend. The ride on Saturday night after the fireworks was simply superb and smooth as silk. We sometimes forget how lucky we are to have such a beast on our doorsteps.

personally I think it suffers due to the genuine neglect the rest of the park has

it’s now seen by some of the gp as an old rotting ride with broken theming.

If everything was maintained as it should be across the park, and nemesis was shown it’s it’s original light, I feel it would still be appreciated more by the gp than the smiler and wicker man.
Same can be said for oblivion really.

When running at full capacity, does anyone know at what point a second train is dispatched whilst another is running on the track? It’s just dawned on me that unlike Oblivion which has 4 controllable sections (station, lift hill, the arc round to the drop and the never ending brake run which feels like you’re in a Heathrow holding pattern), Nemesis only has 2, which would mean 2 trains but I’m sure it runs more than 2 ?

When running at full capacity, does anyone know at what point a second train is dispatched whilst another is running on the track? It’s just dawned on me that unlike Oblivion which has 4 controllable sections (station, lift hill, the arc round to the drop and the never ending brake run which feels like you’re in a Heathrow holding pattern), Nemesis only has 2, which would mean 2 trains but I’m sure it runs more than 2 ?
Apparently Nemesis’ minimum dispatch interval dictates that the earliest a train can be dispatched is when the train in front is exiting the vertical loop.

What @Matt N said. You can dispatch as soon as the other train clears the vertical loop.

Nemesis effectively has three blocks. Station, lift, freefall to brakes (from lift exit to the stacked position just outside of station is one block).

Oblivion has nine blocks. Lift waiting, lift, top conveyor, freefall to brake, waiting brake, waiting position, transfer, plus the two station blocks.

On any coaster you always need at least one more block section than the number of trains.

What @Matt N said. You can dispatch as soon as the other train clears the vertical loop.

Nemesis effectively has three blocks. Station, lift, freefall to brakes (from lift exit to the stacked position just outside of station is one block).
Interesting! Did not realise that. Assumed the end brake and the transfer were independent blocks.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.