• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Very suprised that Nemmy doesn't have her own thread. She certainly deserves one, having been thrilling guests for 25 years, so here we go!

For starters, do we think she'll last another 25 years?

Last edited:
A few short years ago JW said our grandkids would be able to ride her. I hope he is right. B and M's are super high quality investments that are designed to last. If they are able to replace those elements that suffer the most wear and tear then I think she could surprise us all.

Maybe not...

...don't forget that Nemesis is in the hands of Merlin purse strings o_O

As far as I am concerned, she is irreplaceable.

Fully agree :)

Who can predict it, I do think it will be gone before it’s on it’s last legs though sadly.

I love Nemesis, although she does bang my ears a fair bit, never bashed them on The Smiler though.

Superb ride anyway, hope it lasts for many more years!

This might be a daft question - but why do people think it’s on its last legs, when The Scenic Railway at Margate or The Big Dipper at BPB are much older but still running? Surely the maintenance costs on a roller coaster built in the 1920s would be greater than a coaster built in the 90s?

This might be a daft question - but why do people think it’s on its last legs, when The Scenic Railway at Margate or The Big Dipper at BPB are much older but still running? Surely the maintenance costs on a roller coaster built in the 1920s would be greater than a coaster built in the 90s?
A wooden rollercoaster is cheaper to rebuild, there is very little (if anything) left of the 1920s Big Dipper and Scenic Railway whereas everything from Nemesis is 1994 original. Also, both the Scenic Railway and Big Dipper are listed buildings so must be kept intact.

I remember watching the Hulk the year before the refurb started. One of the steel supports was moving up and down on its footing in the lake when a train went past, the water was splashing as it was being displaced.

Hulk does some cycles though and can do 1920 riders per hour compared to 1200 on Nemesis, both have 32 riders per train.

Would Nemmy's trains be a lot heavier due to their suspended design?

Theres no reason why it would be heavier because it is suspended. Still puts the same amount of stress on. The Hulk also runs with more cycles, longer hours per day and almost all year round.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not, newer B&M tracks/or supports are filled with sand to reduce noise?

Imagine Nemesis being re tracked with sand and it being quiet as a mouse. Wouldn’t feel right :confused:

apologies if this sand thing is nonsense and just a rumour.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.