• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
373128C4-BED9-4261-B6A8-EF673210AAFF.png

Straight from the horses mouth. This is the tale I’ve always been told. Never heard that the track is supposed to be part of the monster before I came to this thread.
That screenshot states that they pinned it down with steel, ie the supports. That has always been the legend.

That screenshot states that they pinned it down with steel, ie the supports. That has always been the legend.
No it doesn't, read it closely. 😉

"It took 250 tonnes of steel, bent and twisted around the monster, to hold it down. We converted the steel that imprisons the creature into the tangled rollercoaster you see here today."

What you said is what JW originally came up with, but the story has been changed since then.

It is a load of old rubbish back story, never, ever to be taken seriously, that has been altered over the years by god knows who, god knows when.
Legend...definition... traditional story... unauthenticated, unable to be verified.
Just make it up as you go along...
It really doesn't matter, give up!

Last edited by a moderator:
No it doesn't, read it closely. 😉

"It took 250 tonnes of steel, bent and twisted around the monster, to hold it down. We converted the steel that imprisons the creature into the tangled rollercoaster you see here today."

What you said is what JW originally came up with, but the story has been changed since then.
That still can be read either way. If you’ve heard that it is pinned down and converted to a coaster then it is just poorly written rather than “retconned”.

The Nemesis track was always a part of the creature itself. It sent it's tenticles (the track) out to feed and was pinned down by the supports.. It was part of the original story, it was detailed in the concept art. It was evident in the track paintwork and, if it isn't bleeding obvious enough, you can see it in the theming, it's right there with the fake track pieces coming out of the thing. If you look at it it's obvious. It would be a pretty crappy monster without it's arms/legs/tenticles wouldn't it? Just a useless blob with some eyes.

Just because some idiot came out of university to work on the app and changed it through ignorance doesn't change history.

If they go for a new sci fi military organisation theme none of that matters anyway. They may as well just paint it boring old black to match the other coasters which carry the almost exact same theme in X Sector.

The Nemesis track was always a part of the creature itself. It sent it's tenticles (the track) out to feed and was pinned down by the supports.. It was part of the original story, it was detailed in the concept art. It was evident in the track paintwork and, if it isn't bleeding obvious enough, you can see it in the theming, it's right there with the fake track pieces coming out of the thing. If you look at it it's obvious. It would be a pretty crappy monster without it's arms/legs/tenticles wouldn't it? Just a useless blob with some eyes.

Just because some idiot came out of university to work on the app and changed it through ignorance doesn't change history.

If they go for a new sci fi military organisation theme none of that matters anyway. They may as well just paint it boring old black to match the other coasters which carry the almost exact same theme in X Sector.
It wasn't just the app, the Nemesis: Sub-Terra pre-show video showed helicopters lowering pieces of track onto the monster to pin it down, which made the station being the insides of the monster make no sense story wise.

Bits must have got lost in time. Fake track is literally coming out of the Nemesis monster around the station, around all angles, like tenticles. If that is not a dead giveaway to the fact the track is suppose to be the monster then I do not know what is. What you can see with your eye does not lie.

It wasn't just the app, the Nemesis: Sub-Terra pre-show video showed helicopters lowering pieces of track onto the monster to pin it down, which made the station being the insides of the monster make no sense story wise.

App, Sub-Terra, same thing. All shoehorned in military nonsense of the last decade. This stuff wasn't present for the majority of this iconic coasters existence, it's probably only come about because some young hotshot in the Merlin marketing department wants to enhance their CV.

Coincidentally. The photo Towers Street recently posted, clearly shows how the track coming out the station is supposed to be the monsters tentacles. I am assuming the tentacles were supposed to appear they are coming out the station, burrowing into the ground to re surface in an unknown location to the perspective of the guests.

They are coming out in 6 places, it absolutely takes inspiration from an octopus. Not forgetting the rides track is twisting and turning, a very organic looking structure. Then supports coincidentally but absolutely look like pins, not to dissimilar from giant sized double pins you can get from B&Q. This picture highlights all of that quite nicely actually.20221128_040522.jpg

Last edited:
App, Sub-Terra, same thing. All shoehorned in military nonsense of the last decade. This stuff wasn't present for the majority of this iconic coasters existence, it's probably only come about because some young hotshot in the Merlin marketing department wants to enhance their CV.

It came about because a dark ride based on the IP needed more story to it so they resurrected some of the early concept/ merchandise ideas.

These things are rarely static.

Looks like they're sending out wristbands again if you message them (heard later last week they'd stopped) just received this today in reply to my request last week:

1669638265363.png

For anyone that wants a Phalanx wristband I DM’d the resort on Twitter and received the following today;

//// COMMUNICATION INTERCEPTED ////
THIS IS AN URGENT COMMUNICATION FROM THE PHALANX

Attention Specimen,

Thank you for contacting the Alton Towers Resort with a message for The Phalanx.

All is not well with Nemesis. The iconic Nemesis is now closed, and our investigation has commenced. We would like to reassure all guests visiting the Alton Towers Resort, that everything is under control and there is no need for concern.

We will dispatch correspondence to yourself over the upcoming weeks to the address provided. Please note that this is restricted by the order of The Phalanx and is for the intended specimen only.

There will be no further questions.

Thanks

Phalanx Operative 242
Phalanx Control

For anyone that wants a Phalanx wristband I DM’d the resort on Twitter and received the following today;

//// COMMUNICATION INTERCEPTED ////
THIS IS AN URGENT COMMUNICATION FROM THE PHALANX

Attention Specimen,

Thank you for contacting the Alton Towers Resort with a message for The Phalanx.

All is not well with Nemesis. The iconic Nemesis is now closed, and our investigation has commenced. We would like to reassure all guests visiting the Alton Towers Resort, that everything is under control and there is no need for concern.

We will dispatch correspondence to yourself over the upcoming weeks to the address provided. Please note that this is restricted by the order of The Phalanx and is for the intended specimen only.

There will be no further questions.

Thanks

Phalanx Operative 242
Phalanx Control
Your reply was different to mine!

I messaged them via the live chat on the website as I'm not on Twitter, and they're sending one out to me. 🙂

Kinda ruins the exclusivity for those of us there on the actual day, but hey ho.
Indeed, the entire point of the wristbands was to admit riders in its last few moments of operation. Kind of like me acquiring someone's used cinema ticket a month after the scheduled showing. Each to their own though!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.