Nemesis: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skyscraper, 26th Oct 2019.

1. Connor98

Connor98 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Hyperion
    You never know they could add a coaster without removing one for all we know, the early plans for SW8 in April 2015 showed it was to be opposite nemesis near the sky ride station and lakeside walk, so it’s possible they may look at that again. Would make forbidden valley the first area with 3 secret weapons. But regarding Nemesis’ future, the conversation will go round and round, until it finally comes to the end of its shelf life, which surely isn’t right around the corner anyway.

2. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Pleasure Beach Valhalla TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    True i remember those plans so they might have a coaster planned there. It's Alton Towers u never know but let's stay on topic with Nemesis. Whenever it does go, i'll be there on it's final day!

3. Connor98

Favourite Ride:
    Hyperion
    I won’t be able to be consoled, just leave me on the bench opposite the helix, I’ll be okay:eek::(

4. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    In fact scrap that, I'll do the last week it has! It's gonna be a hard ride to replace with the terrain and everything though!

Skyscraper and Connor98 like this.
  5. Connor98

Favourite Ride:
    Hyperion
    My thoughts exactly, that’s why I can see a re-track being genuinely possible. I’m sure it’s possible to use the pit again, but it would seriously create some issues and constraints when it comes to freedom with the layout. I guess it comes down to wether Merlin and Towers think a re-track of an old coaster is marketable to the public, and therefore a worthwhile move. It is Nick Varneys baby though, so you may see a re theme with another large structure for all we know. It’s all complete speculation at this stage.

6. Godscrasher

Godscrasher TowersStreet Member

Do you have a link to the plans anywhere?

7. Connor98

Favourite Ride:
    Hyperion
    Godscrasher and Skyscraper like this.
  8. LordOfDarkness

LordOfDarkness TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Appears it has started its winter maintenance early.

Last edited: 2nd Nov 2020
  9. Connor98

Favourite Ride:
    Hyperion
    From what i heard from a staff member yesterday... I don’t think we will ride it again this season, he didn’t sound too optimistic.

10. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    So glad I got to ride Nemmy twice on Thursday, including in the dark!
    I feel sorry for @Craig who missed out completely yesterday. :(

11. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    I think he's been on it before.

12. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Ahem... Yes I know that but enthusiasts like their last rides of the season. He told me himself that he missed out yesterday. ;)

13. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

Indeed I have :tearsofjoy:. To be brutally honest, my usual last day of season would feature me being far too drunk to even bother with rides! But alas, like the rest of the year my last day of the season finished with more a whimper than a bang. A quick ride on Galactica ended a rather wet last day at Towers, but just glad to get down for one last day before another month of lockdown!

Definitely a shame about Nemesis though, it's ran well during this short season but let's be honest we're overdue an end of season breakdown of the thing. You used to be able to time them like clockwork!

14. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Nemesis ran beautifully this season and the back row was just as intense as ever i'm pleased to say!

Skyscraper, Nerdsticks and Connor98 like this.
  15. Connor98

Favourite Ride:
    Hyperion
    I’ll second that, another year of being the UK’s best :rolleyes:;)

16. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Got an awesome night ride on it from the 3rd row, and did the back row earlier in the day. Still my No.1 ride at Towers, and overall :)

17. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I don’t know why, but I’ve found it to be a bit less smooth this year and last year than in previous years. I always found it very smooth, but from 2019 onwards, there have been 1 or 2 notable headbanging moments in the track that have given me slightly sore ears.

I wouldn’t call Nemesis an unbearably rough coaster by any means, as the rest of the track is still very smooth, but it’s certainly quite fierce compared to some other B&Ms, and I’ve only noticed this in the last year or so. To be honest, it’s probably one of the rougher B&Ms I’ve done.

Has Nemesis always been this way and I just haven’t previously noticed as much, or is this a recent development?

Last edited: 2nd Nov 2020
  18. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

Come on now how can Nemesis be the best in the uk, the smiler is in the same damn park

Pleasure Beach Valhalla and Mikw like this.
  19. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    It’s all down to your own personal opinions and coaster tastes, really. I wouldn’t say that anyone is really wrong here; even though @Connor98 and @skyscraper like Nemesis most and @Ethan likes Smiler most, they each have their own different coaster preferences and things they like in a ride.

For me, neither ride is anywhere even close to my UK favourite; I rate rides based on pure fun factor, enjoyment and rerideability as opposed to out and out intensity, so my personal UK favourite is Icon, with my UK top 5 being rounded out by Wicker Man, Swarm, Stealth and Megafobia (in that order).

Although while we’re on the debate of Nemesis vs Smiler; even though I can see the appeal of The Smiler, I have to say I’d personally take Nemesis any day of the week!

20. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    This is interesting. Personally I've only experienced headbanging once on Nemmy, and that was on my very first ride in 2018!

Connor98 and Matt N like this.