• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If nemesis has the required maintenance, then there's no need for them to change the trains or restraints. Nemesis will easily last another 10 years, it's just a case of if towers are willing to spend money on maintenance for it
Yep and let's just hope the better Nemesis outlasts the inferior Nemesis!

I’d imagine towers would opt for sand filled track if a full re-track did happen, why would they not. Yes for us enthusiasts it takes away that iconic roar, but it also might make it easier in the future for an addition to forbidden valley with how much the noise would be reduced from the area. And I couldn’t see the coaster itself changing in profile and layout, the pit and near miss elements are designed for the coaster, so it would make no sense for them to change it that way.

I'm not sure Nemesis can be heard clearly from outside the park anyway. the anti-rollbacks on the lift hill and the screams of riders are probably the noises that travel more.

Monster at Gröna Lund is also getting the original OTSR’s, so B&M does seemingly still provide them. The only invert that has them currently is Banshee.
Monster at Gröna Lund is also getting the original OTSR’s, so B&M does seemingly still provide them. The only invert that has them currently is Banshee.

i was unsure about monster so that’s even more a positive sign, as long as it’s retracted, you wouldn’t need for the vests to deal with head-banging anyway. So keep it old school
I'm not sure Nemesis can be heard clearly from outside the park anyway. the anti-rollbacks on the lift hill and the screams of riders are probably the noises that travel more.

Yes, I guess your right. I’ve heard suggestion that it’s one of the loudest B&M’s from standing inside the the ride area due to the sound being contained by the walls of the pit itself, almost magnifying the sound. that would coincide with what you say about it not being heard outside the park too:)

You can hear the Nemesis roar very clearly from the bottom of the valley, by the river Churnet. On my last hunt for King Ina's rocks, I knew I was on the right route by the noise...not screams, or anti roll backs, just the lovely roar, from a good half mile away.

Ah I was thinking of the sound travelling the other way towards the park entrance and car parks, I didn't think of it going down the valley.

I just thought that when walking into the park you don't really notice the roar, so the pit must keep the sound in the valley then.

Nemesis is a loud coaster and that's what i love about it! To loose it's roar would take the steam out of it and the meaning, i'd rather ride Inferno if it didn't have the roar or the intensity tbh!

Nemesis is no doubt the loudest ride on park due to its roar. That being said the smiler makes a nice roaring sound too. Wicker man and Rita are loud but only when you're near them
Yes, and you can hear Wickerman from the pathway next to the coach park, but it's quite close to there anyway. Spinball's lift hill is very loud.

Yes, and you can hear Wickerman from the pathway next to the coach park, but it's quite close to there anyway. Spinball's lift hill is very loud.
Not as loud as Dragons Fury but yh it still makes an absolute racket when ur in the queue! Imagine what Towers would be like if Arrows prototype had been good?!

I watched digital Dan's top 20 UK coasters yesterday and he put inferno above Nemesis. Is this becoming a more popular opinion now as there seems to be a lot of enthusiasts that prefer inferno. Personally, I think it's close and difficult to choose. I definitely agree with his top 2 of Icon and Smiler, they're definitely the top rides imo

I watched digital Dan's top 20 UK coasters yesterday and he put inferno above Nemesis. Is this becoming a more popular opinion now as there seems to be a lot of enthusiasts that prefer inferno. Personally, I think it's close and difficult to choose. I definitely agree with his top 2 of Icon and Smiler, they're definitely the top rides imo

I enjoy Inferno, it’s a solid coaster but no.

I think inferno is a smoother ride, but I don’t like judging a ride purely for how smooth it is, if that’s the case then Galactica would like a word.

Nemesis overall is the better coaster in my opinion.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.