• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm actually intrigued how they use to deal with it.

My suspicion is, they didn't...

If this Nemesis redux is coming, it would be excellent to see the 'blood waterfall' feature restored somehow. It was so cartoonish and bold, definitely drilled into the collective memory of those who visited the park in the nineties, and something just as likely to impress kids (and vloggers...) in the 2020s.

Does anyone know what they use to do with the excess red water when levels got too high after raining? I'm actually intrigued how they use to deal with it.

In the gardens, not too far beyond the where the 'formal' gardens ends in the valley, there's a patch of woodland that always tended to be an unnatural shade of red. I'm guessing it probably still is to a certain extent, though there has obviously now been quite a good period of 'dilution' time.

This was one of the reasons the dye was removed.

In this day and age, I'm pretty certain they could find a good quality lighting package to turn the water red if they wanted to.

Does anyone know what they use to do with the excess red water when levels got too high after raining? I'm actually intrigued how they use to deal with it.

They shut the ride if the water had a lot of dye and couldn’t be pumped.

Could they put a plastic trough in the pond and a plastic sheet over the rocks (painted to look like rocks) so that the red water can't escape?

The issue wasn’t the pit leaking, the dye isn’t toxic and any water leaking from the pit would be filtered through quite a bit of natural rock before it emerged.

The main issue was a couple of accidental water pump outs that allegedly contaminated nearby land not owned by the park (again it isn’t toxic but you don’t want your meadow turning pink). The lake pit shouldn’t have been pumped out unless the water was clear (which is why the ride was sometimes down when there had been a lot of rain, it also explains why the redness of the water was very variable as if the weather forecast was for a lot of rain they wouldn’t add any more dye in case they needed to pump out). Unfortunately some staff members did pump out the water accidentally and it eventually got to the point where the park allegedly was threatened with legal action.

Now there are plenty of solutions to this, you can buy high flow particulate filters that would clear any pumped out water but they are not exactly cheap.

Yeah I think dying the water isn’t going to happen as it would cost far too much however some really good lighting could probably give a good effect and I think that’s possible.
Apart from that I really don’t want them changing nemesis too much.

I think underwater lights are probably the best way to achieve the effect without paying a lot for complicated filtration. It would especially look good in the pit as it’ll give the effect of the earth opening up and red light coming from within!
It’ll be less effective on the waterfalls though but if they focussed on a really good lighting package for the bottom of the pit with some haze and smoke effects too, then I’d be happy with the waterfalls as they are (but on!)

Last edited:
I think underwater lights are probably the best way to achieve the effect without paying a lot for complicated filtration. It would especially look good in the pit as it’ll give the effect of the earth opening up and red light coming from within!
It’ll be less effective on the waterfalls though but if they focussed on a really good lighting package for the bottom of the pit with some haze and smoke effects too, then I’d be happy with the waterfalls as they are (but on!)

Underwater lights sounds cool but they’d get covered in green sludge eventually…I can’t see them cleaning them regularly enough (Merlin)

Wait, what!! They allowed it to turn up into the locals streams? Yeah, that's definitely healthy for the village (not).

Why not just cut it from the local reservoir and just build some tanks to hold the dyed water for nemesis?

Last edited:
Wait, what!! They allowed it to turn up into the locals streams? Yeah, that's definitely healthy for thr village (not).

Why not just cut it from the local reservoir and just build some tanks to hold the dyed water for nemesis?
Yeah the reason they're not allowed to use the dye is because it leaked into the local water supply. :oops:
A closed system is a good idea but would be quite expensive I think.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.