• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Very good news, I do wonder when they'll close it to start. Waiting until the end of the season would make most sense and I think would give them plenty of time.
That would make sense, however I have heard some rumours that they were wanting to get started pretty much as soon as permission was given. Hopefully that isn't the case and it remains open for the full season, but if it is we could see it closing very soon.

Last edited:
Weird to think that nemmy will be around longer now than most rides on park, except Wicker man. To think in 25 years you walk into Alton towers and smiler has gone but nemesis is still there!
Other rides may well get retracked too; I could certainly see it in the case of Smiler, as thatā€™s a pretty iconic ride and I donā€™t see the inversion record being stolen from it any time soon!

That would make sense, however I have heard some rumours that they were wanting to get started pretty much as soon as permission was given. Hopefully that isn't the case and it remains open for the full season, but if it is we could see it closing very soon.
It was advertised to be available for the Festival of Thrills, so we should have it til at least April.

Other rides may well get retracked too; I could certainly see it in the case of Smiler, as thatā€™s a pretty iconic ride and I donā€™t see the inversion record being stolen from it any time soon!
But the problem is as soon as it loses its record its just a ride with lots of inversions for no reason

But the problem is as soon as it loses its record its just a ride with lots of inversions for no reason
But these days, Oblivion is just a ride with a drop if you compare it to more recent dive coasters, but even though it only does 1 thing, it does that thing fantastically and itā€™s my favourite coaster on park for pure adrenalin and thrill. Iā€™d rather Wickerman and The Smiler go before Oblivion does personally, even though both are awesome coasters.

I would be shocked if Nemesis was not open for the entire 2022 season.
So would I, it would make the most sense as it would allow them the whole of this season and the closed season to get new attractions in place in FV (we hope) before Nemmy closes.

So would I, it would make the most sense as it would allow them the whole of this season and the closed season to get new attractions in place in FV (we hope) before Nemmy closes.

Yeah they need make sure there's actually more to walk all the way down there for than just Funk n' Fly and nobody's favourite coaster!

I wonder if Theme Park Worldwide will somehow get a small piece of the track for his garden?! šŸ¤”
Wish I could get a bit :pensive:

Yeah they need make sure there's actually more to walk all the way down there for than just Funk n' Fly and nobody's favourite coaster!
Exactly! A new, permanent flat on Funk 'n' Fly's site and something decent inside the N:ST building would be a good start. :)

With the necessity of moving a lot of big heavy parts around this will surely be a closed season job or the disruption on Forbidden Valley, and the monorail, would be huge.

I'm assuming it will take months, likely a lot more time than they would typically have during a closed season. I think we can expect disruption, and for the coaster to be unavailable for a good long while :(

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.