• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nice to see them using past lore such as Phalanx being mentioned.

But yeah, it's already had more of an announcement of its closure than Duel ever did towards its end.
This one’s a likely longer term closure and a more popular ride. It’s also a hard sell to say “we’re shutting Duel” and then weeks later say “oh we’ve shut this one too!” While still trying to encourage people to visit. So from a marketing point of view they’ve chosen just the one ‘bigger one’ to publicise.

But yeah, it's already had more of an announcement of its closure than Duel ever did towards its end.

We expect the Haunted House to be back next season, so only really a two month closure, yes the guns will be gone but the ride won't be closed for long.
Whereas Nemesis is expected to be closed for an entire season, or close to it.

Nice to see them using past lore such as Phalanx being mentioned.

Could the reference to The Phalanx also be a hint towards Sub Terra reopening in some capacity?

Were The Phalanx part of the original 1994 story, or were they a retcon added to it by Merlin in 2012 when Sub-Terra opened?

Were The Phalanx part of the original 1994 story, or were they a retcon added to it by Merlin in 2012 when Sub-Terra opened?
No, there were part of the original story and there was a comic book on this too to promote the ride (looking back on it, Towers really went all out to market the ride) and Merlin simply brought them back when Sub Terra opened. Actually, I do remember one of the original Sub Terra promos actually had images of the Nemesis comic showing the history and has anyone got a link to it prove my point?

Their announcement feels disingenuous because it neglects to mention that the closure is temporary.

I understand that they're trying to provoke a reaction (it's getting heaps of comments from people who believe Nemesis is closing permanently, and are gutted about it) but... this almost feels like false advertising?

They're encouraging the public to spend their money by visiting the park and getting their final rides in, knowing full well that the ride will be back in just over a year.

They're really hyping it up!

IMG_20220921_092147.jpgIMG_20220921_092818.jpgIMG_20220921_093148.jpgScreenshot_20220921-100902.png
Good grief, it's all happening at once...just wonder if they remember to hint that it will return as some of the GP aren't aware of its restoration like we are, actually I've been having to sound like a broken record to my pals that it will return. Then again who knows, maybe this way of marketing is a way of hyping up interest and could actually pay off for them big style if done well.

I reckon the marketing for the retrack will focus on something along the lines of “we tried to tame the Nemesis monster, but it put up a tougher fight than we’d forecast, so it’s sticking around with newly strengthened defences” or something like that. This seems to be building up to the retrack being marketed as a new attraction in some capacity, so I’d be surprised if they didn’t say something like that to justify why the ride was closed in the first place.

I’ll admit that Alton Towers’ announcement makes its closure sound very permanent, though… are we 100% sure that the park’s plans haven’t changed? I know they most likely haven’t, but I’m somewhat confused by the way they’ve announced this closure.

They'll probably use some marketing tactic about how the Phalanx will be monitoring the site in 2023 after defeating the beast or something, and then some sort of announcement that Nemesis has returned stronger than ever blah blah. Could be clever marketing though. But yeah, I think the announcement sounds disingenuous, as the GP generally will not know it's being retracked. I've already responded to 3 different people who thought it was permanent.

I reckon the marketing for the retrack will focus on something along the lines of “we tried to tame the Nemesis monster, but it put up a tougher fight than we’d forecast, so it’s sticking around with newly strengthened defences” or something like that.
Actually, this gives me an idea that Merlin could play with for a marketing stunt to last a whole year...the idea that Nemesis has escaped from Towers and is running around causing chaos throughout the country Godzilla style (Nemesis is our answer for Godzilla ofc!). Each month could like in January, Nemesis is seen in Stoke (cue a picture of Stoke with some photoshop job of the Nemesis monster in the background), February could have Nemesis seen in Birmingham, March would be Manchester, May in Edinburgh and so on with this lasting the whole year with Towers social media team telling you the public to be on the lookout for Nemesis! :p

It would end just a month before the 2024 season starts in which has Nemesis finally captured and placed back in its pit again. Not sure they'd do it but if done well, that would honestly one of the most bonkers, yet brilliant marketing promotion plan we'd ever see from a UK park ever and would build the hype to mad levels 1994 style. Honestly, I just want to let my inner Godzilla fan out on here.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.