• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the bit seen in this video at 1:04 hasn't been used since fast-track was created:
The extended queueline as it is now seems to be used in this video in 2011:

Does anyone know of a video that walks through the whole queue line including all the old extension parts that are now completed closed?

Wonder if Towers staff still take people into the unused extentions if requested like they used to? If so I might have to ask in October. :D:p

Does anyone know of a video that walks through the whole queue line including all the old extension parts that are now completed closed?

Given the Fasttrack changes were done around 15-20 years ago I doubt there was much video taken of queue lines prior to that, most people would have saved the tape space for footage of the coaster.

Given the Fasttrack changes were done around 15-20 years ago I doubt there was much video taken of queue lines prior to that, most people would have saved the tape space for footage of the coaster.
Yeah I guessed i just thought someone might have done so. It would be very interesting to see the whole queue line.

The queueline changed every year for the first five years or so, from the entrance gate, literally left right and centre.
The left turn at the entrance changed twice, once with an extension round the back, then changed again, then the lengthy extension past the station round the back on the right.
I don't think that all the paths were all ever in use at the same time, the top left stuff "round the back" was abandoned quite early on.
Edit...I think someone cleverer than me put a picture up with colour coding of all the paths over the years on a top down photo.

Last edited:
I think someone cleverer than me put a picture up with colour coding of all the paths over the years on a top down photo.

Found it with a bit of googling.
Photobucket | NemesisQueue_zpsac6b1fc8.png
NemesisQueue_zpsac6b1fc8.png

I think the blue is the original 1994 queue and the pink is roughly the current queue.

(Also the photobucket user is ElectricBill, which I recognise, assume they were a TT forum member?)

Well done Jon, my searching on here came up with nothing.
I think there was a year where you had Nemesis, Thunderlooper and the Beast all together.
Edit...two and a bit years with all three.

No wonder I'm struggling to get my bearings that's ALOT of changes. I vaguely remember walking towards to NST area a bit of the queue line there but can't remember exactly how it looked. I distinctly remember seeing the pit and the vertical loop from the car park side and seeing underneath the lift hill.

Yes it's been open and I hope they keep it open for a while yet. Interestingly it does seem that there's a cattle pen behind this as well so nemesis at one point had masses of queue line. Was it all every really used consistently?

The part of the queueline where you go beyond the top of the lifthill to the other side of the loop I walked through as recently as 2008.

The queue line where it turns near the shed does indeed enter Galactica's ride area. Saw recently on FB some of Thunder Looper's old queue near Nemices is still in existence, just overgrown. I suppose it costs to remove the fences, see also Duel's extended queue.

Some of the queue like for nemesis sub terra is the original nemesis queue line. You can also see the queue long going under the monorail from nemesis to sub terra.

Saw recently on FB some of Thunder Looper's old queue near Nemices is still in existence, just overgrown. I suppose it costs to remove the fences, see also Duel's extended queue.

Really? Where is that? I can remember looking towards the Thunder Looper from that side over the queue line fences towards the station but I didn't know it went that far out.

The old Thunder Looper queue can be seen towards the bottom left of the google maps image above - it was reused for Blade until some time around the mid 2000s. I'm not sure when Blade's entrance moved from opposite Nemices to opposite Nemesis but it was possibly at the same time they built the HB stalls near the latter.

They'd never need to build a queue line anywhere near as long as the full Nemesis queue these days - once you take off FT & RAP the remaining ride capacity is much lower so queue times will be longer than anyone is willing to wait long before the entire queue line gets full.

Are we talking about this bit here? I thought this looked like the pathway that runs from the Skyride to the woodland walk? If it's there then surely it would be visible from the pathway?
11792b009ade69fc5e551fe670bd0c24.jpg

The old Thunderlooper/Blade queue line is literally opposite the Nemices/Burger Kitchen outlets.

NPwIlML.png

This is from street view. The entrance to Thunderlooper (and later Blade until it was moved sometime in the 2000s) was between those two rocks. You can then see it go off to the left and over that bridge section. It is all still there to this day, just more overgrown.

Here is a pic from Towers Almanac showing the entrance and queue when it was in use for Blade.

rsZEj0e.jpg

Last edited:
I knew Thunder Looper and Blade originally had queue lines on that side but I couldn't remember where it entered. Didn't think to look behind a picnic bench! But it all makes sense now so thanks, I love this kind of stuff. I really wish I could do a behind the scenes tour of the place like they used to do and I'd love to walk these old queue lines again.

I rarely go down that side as I always come from the lakeside walk and go past the arcade to Nemesis or the pathway behind the outlets (towards woodland walk) when coming from the garden's if going to Galactica as that bit seems like another pointless incline unless you're buying something there.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.