• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well obviously it is but I was referring to how it looks. It has a very tight curve at the top, most vertical loops are huge
It's perfectly normal for the period and speed of the ride, compare it to the Batman the Ride loops. Obviously the loops on big inverts like Montu are going to look more drawn out as everything is scaled up.

Unlike on a Schwarzkopf circular loop the G forces are all at the bottom sections of the loop and you get whipped over the top.

More recently some manufacturers like Mack and Premier seem to be playing with loops which emphasise more hangtime.

As others have said, it is a standard B&M Invert vertical look, identical to all of the loops you wll find on the Batman clones for example.

Great work from Alton Towers to get Nemesis back open again so quickly yesterday!

Well obviously it is but I was referring to how it looks. It has a very tight curve at the top, most vertical loops are huge

Isn't it same as pretty much all inverts? Obviously as the train goes around the outside of the loop, the actual track can be quite a bit smaller/tighter than if the train goes inside. Draw a line where people's feet are around the loop (as if they were on top of the track) and it would be quite a bit bigger.

The teardrop loop as they are know was first used by Schwarzkopf in the 70's.

Tightening the curve at the top is a way of helping to manage the forces put upon your body. Also gives alot of loops an inverted teardrop shape.

Without going into too much detail the basics are this, as the train slows near the top of the loop, tightening the curve helps maintain a consistent force on the rider by changing their direction faster, to compensate for the lost speed. Which would reduce the forces upon the rider.

Last edited:
Out of interest for anyone who has ridden Montu, how does it ride in terms of forces and intensity compared to nemesis?

Out of interest for anyone who has ridden Montu, how does it ride in terms of forces and intensity compared to nemesis?

It has moments of similar intensity but is a lot more drawn out so also has less intense sections between the more dynamic maneuvers, and fades a bit towards the end, where as Nemesis is relentless throughout and if anything keeps building until you hit the breaks.

That's not to criticise Montu, it has to be like that with the length it is otherwise it would just be unpleasant. It still flows well.

It has moments of similar intensity but is a lot more drawn out so also has less intense sections between the more dynamic maneuvers, and fades a bit towards the end, where as Nemesis is relentless throughout and if anything keeps building until you hit the breaks.

That's not to criticise Montu, it has to be like that with the length it is otherwise it would just be unpleasant. It still flows well.
That's why Nemmy is so good; its short, compact layout enables it to keep up the intensity from start to finish. :)

Isn't the batwing supposed to be one of the most intense things B&M have ever done? (other than the pretzel loops on their flying coasters).

I was there on Saturday, there was a short stoppage in the morning of about 10 minutes with one of the trains stopping half in and hald out of the station. Never seen that before.

I was there on Saturday, there was a short stoppage in the morning of about 10 minutes with one of the trains stopping half in and hald out of the station. Never seen that before.
I was in the airgate for the front row when that happened back in May! Not exactly sure why it does that but it might be something to do with a sensor.

Last edited:
Blime me. Done Nemesis 4 times today. That ride is just a beast (no pun intended) and it delivers every time. Back right is so forceful
Good to see you are slowly being converted.
See, you can have a good day at the Towers without the smiler.
And it took me ages to work out...it is "blimey" mate...had to do a google search!
Finally...everything walk on then?

Good to see you are slowly being converted.
See, you can have a good day at the Towers without the smiler.
And it took me ages to work out...it is "blimey" mate...had to do a google search!
Finally...everything walk on then?
Nemesis, Oblivion and WM were. Queued about 15-20 mins for Galactica and th13teen but queues were very pleasant today. Didn't bother with Rita as that said 30 and with queues for everything else so minimal there's no way I'm queueing that

Nemesis is by far the best coaster in the UK. I wouldn't be that bothered about the smiler closing if it wasn't for the extra queue times it causes if I could get on nemesis. Going to Alton Towers without a ride would feel so wrong.

Nemesis is by far the best coaster in the UK. I wouldn't be that bothered about the smiler closing if it wasn't for the extra queue times it causes if I could get on nemesis. Going to Alton Towers without a ride would feel so wrong.
I completely agree. Had a back row ride last week which was so intense. All my group had to have a break after getting off as we were shaking so much! It belongs in the controversial opinions thread though as not everyone will agree with us. :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.