• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nemesis has grown on me massively, but I feel the opposite when The Smiler is shut I hate not being able to ride. This is about Nemesis though and I've had some of the best rides I've ever had on Nemesis in 2021!
Ironically that's one of the only positive things about Smiler being closed for so long; Die-hard Smiler fans are appreciating Nemmy more! :p:)

Best in the world for me- one of a kind

I love it and it's definitely my UK Number 1 but this might be stretching it a bit too much tbh. Not even sure it's my favourite invert. That would probably be Montu.

The fact a coaster from 1994 is still my fav in the UK though shows we need some actual world class coasters in this country pronto.

I love it and it's definitely my UK Number 1 but this might be stretching it a bit too much tbh. Not even sure it's my favourite invert. That would probably be Montu.

The fact a coaster from 1994 is still my fav in the UK though shows we need some actual world class coasters in this country pronto.
Smiler, Icon and Nemesis are as close to world class as this country gets

As much as I'm starting to like Nemesis, I do think that Montu is a top class invert and maybe after riding that with how good it was, I just wasn't rating Nemesis that highly.

Still as good as it was on my first ride 21 years ago. Yes probably slightly more rattle in certain places but no where on the scale of how Corkscrew used to be. Ears used to be red raw on that thing.

The actual fix for you.
Anyone who doesn't think the smiler is class is a nemmy fan boy. I don't know why people deny how good of a ride it is. I'm a smiler fan but can still admit how good Nemesis is so I don't see the problem with giving it the credit it deserves

Anyone who doesn't think the smiler is class is a nemmy fan boy. I don't know why people deny how good of a ride it is. I'm a smiler fan but can still admit how good Nemesis is so I don't see the problem with giving it the credit it deserves
Well hopefully I'll finally get on Smiler next year, then I'll be able to comment. :p

Goodness is very much a subjective thing @Ethan; what’s “good”, or “class” as you put it, is very much dependant on the person.

Personally, Smiler only just scrapes my top 50%; I don’t dislike it by any means, but it’s not something I’m hugely enamoured by. I’ll admit it’s very intense and fast-paced, and I can see why it appeals to people, but it’s not one of my favourite coasters, personally.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.