• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The application is only to confirm that they can do work to the permanent structures in the area (track and supports). Anything else such as trains isn’t classed as a physical structure so they could make changes without permission provided there would be no substantial difference in noise levels.

Sure, I get that but in your opinion, do you think it will reopen with new trains or same?

So in terms of paint scheme for the re-track, what would everyone prefer to see? The original scheme or the 2016 version?

NCGXjDK.jpg

DpXwsIq.jpg

So in terms of paint scheme for the re-track, what would everyone prefer to see? The original scheme or the 2016 version?

NCGXjDK.jpg

DpXwsIq.jpg
Probably the original as close as Possible. The 2016 repaint looks very bland and lazy to me. I really like the almost natrual camo look of the original track.

NCGXjDK.jpg

DpXwsIq.jpg
Controversial take; I’d actually prefer for them to follow the 2016 paint scheme. I think the applied “rust” on the paint looks really cool and adds to the theme, and I do think the white and black adds a nice polish to it!

If they were able to have the whole ride painted in the 2016 colour scheme (as I know the rust wasn’t applied in some areas), then I think it would look very cool!

Then you can expect to see comments on social media from the public saying "look how rusty that is! It doesn't look safe!!"

I always felt the 2016 paint job looked like it was a temporary solution. Back when it was applied the TLC account posted that the original paint was stripped back to base metal for inspection.

Perhaps this was all part of the early investigation into the re-track? Could the current scheme have been applied as a temporary measure as they knew they would likely be replacing the track in a few years anyway? And so the more detailed original paint job wasn’t worth reapplying?

Am I right in thinking the running event last year was the last time the big rides operated? If that's the case this year, that event will be the last time of operation for the original Nemmy. I was already thinking about going this year given how quiet the event was last November, and a chance of being one of the last riders on the original Nemmy would be another reason to go. :D:p

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking the running event last year was the last time the big rides operated? If that's the case this year, that event will be the last time of operation for the original Nemmy. I was already thinking about going this year given how quiet the event was last November, and a chance of being one of the last riders on the original Nemmy would be another reason to go. :D:p
Wouldn’t the ride still be operating this season, with it being closed in 2023?

Correct me if I'm wrong but at this point isn't it only speculation that it will be closed in 2023 for re-track? I can't see anywhere in the application where it say when this work will happen - for all we know it could close mid-22, or mid-23 or even just be done over close season (perhaps slightly extended).

Correct me if I'm wrong but at this point isn't it only speculation that it will be closed in 2023 for re-track? I can't see anywhere in the application where it say when this work will happen - for all we know it could close mid-22, or mid-23 or even just be done over close season (perhaps slightly extended).
Yeah it's just speculation at the moment. I was just saying what one of the potential options is. I think it's more likely to close between seasons than during a season, but we'll have to wait and see. :)

Controversial take; I’d actually prefer for them to follow the 2016 paint scheme. I think the applied “rust” on the paint looks really cool and adds to the theme, and I do think the white and black adds a nice polish to it!

If they were able to have the whole ride painted in the 2016 colour scheme (as I know the rust wasn’t applied in some areas), then I think it would look very cool!

This is a controversial take.

It is also the correct take.

Having seen Nemesis the month it opened in 1994, I can say without any doubt the track was aesthetically better in 2016 than it was in 1994.

Talking of what colour of track we like (I'm for the 2016 look) another question is that what kind of pit do you prefare, one that is bare as on opening day or one that is full of vegetation as we have now?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.