• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
From what I've read. Everything apart from lift hill and station out, then built back up.
Pretty much. I think that some of the launch was also altered to suit the new trains if I recall on a Documentry video somewhere.

But from what I've hear from many riders, that the ride still has quite the rattle, even after the retrack.

I'm no brainiac, but I don't think that a piece of track thats only 7 years old shouldn't be that rough so soon, especially by B&M

Last edited:
But from what I've hear from many riders, that the ride still has quite the rattle, even after the retrack.
I don’t think this is necessarily an age thing; I rode Hulk 3 weeks after it reopened from its big refurb, and while I wouldn’t have called it rough per se, it certainly wasn’t smooth for a ride with brand new B&M track. I honestly didn’t notice a huge difference between new Hulk and old Hulk.

Virtual Towers Online have just released this incredible wallpaper for mobiles! :hearteyes:

89.jpg
Neme-sissy that walk !

What would be wrong with a pride event?
Sorry for late reply and I've got nothing against different sexualities or anything I just don't like drag at all and find pride events a bit over the top for me, also nothing against people who participate in it either.

I can fully get behind the motives of the movement of legal rights and acceptance etc. However at a theme park you go to escape every day life and politics, atleast for me.

Although maybe a wooden racing rollercoaster where there's a labour and conservative queue for each side would fit nicely.

Sorry for late reply and I've got nothing against different sexualities or anything I just don't like drag at all and find pride events a bit over the top for me, also nothing against people who participate in it either.

I can fully get behind the motives of the movement of legal rights and acceptance etc. However at a theme park you go to escape every day life and politics, atleast for me.

Although maybe a wooden racing rollercoaster where there's a labour and conservative queue for each side would fit nicely.
At the risk of going slightly off topic, it’s not political at all to believe that people should have equal treatment. That’s a cop out in the vein of “I don’t see colour” as a way to avoid scrutinising any of your own prejudices and where they come from.

In terms of Nemesis, it’s likely they could do it in less than a year, but it makes sense to just take the hit for a season and not risk missing any advertised reopening dates. There’d be a massive stinker if they closed at the end of this season with the promise of Summer 2023 reopening, and then missed the deadline

At the risk of going slightly off topic, it’s not political at all to believe that people should have equal treatment. That’s a cop out in the vein of “I don’t see colour” as a way to avoid scrutinising any of your own prejudices and where they come from.
He just gave his opinion? If its different to yours then it doesn't matter. You don't need to be bothered by it

Could we return to discussion about Nemesis please? Considering this is a concept image from a fan project and there’s not even any suggestion about a pride event at Towers, this discussion is completely off topic.
Thanks Craig. It does indeed have absolutely nothing to do with pride, it's just a cool thing that the dev team experimented with! :)

In terms of Nemesis, it’s likely they could do it in less than a year, but it makes sense to just take the hit for a season and not risk missing any advertised reopening dates. There’d be a massive stinker if they closed at the end of this season with the promise of Summer 2023 reopening, and then missed the deadline
For that reason, if they wanted a window longer than a year, they could well close it after the main summer season to get an early start. Appreciate that knocks a major ride out at Scarefest, but it's an option.

I'm no expert but if they closed at the end of this season and reopened ready for March 2024, I'm sure that barring bad weather and unforeseen circumstances, just under 1½ years is ample time to do the retrack.

Look at this video @ 8:32 - if its date is to be believed (April 1993), then Nemesis was installed from an empty pit to fully open in 11 months.

Granted, they had more space to work in compared to what is there now and removing/installing track around what is already in place will be tricky, but I'm sure it's dooable in 18 months, if it took only 11 to build it.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but if they closed at the end of this season and reopened ready for March 2024, I'm sure that barring bad weather and unforeseen circumstances, just under 1½ years is ample time to do the retrack.

Look at this video @ 8:32 - if its date is to be believed (April 1993), then Nemesis was installed from an empty pit to fully open in 11 months.

Granted, they had more space to work in compared to what is there now and removing/installing track around what is already in place will be tricky, but I'm sure it's dooable in 18 months, if it took only 11 to build it.

Oh it can certainly be done in 18 months, as discussed, Hulk took around a year.
The speculation is could it be done in less than a year.
Closing in September/October and re-opening in April/May could be possible so the ride isn't closed for a full summer season.

Very good news, I do wonder when they'll close it to start. Waiting until the end of the season would make most sense and I think would give them plenty of time.
I certainly hope they do wait till the end of the season, or give plenty of notice if they decide to close her earlier. I want to get my last rides in! (on the original of course)

I'll hopefully do Scarefest again (becoming an annual tradition now), but if Nemmy was closed before that I'd make plans to visit earlier as well. 🙂

Well then, good timing for my trip to Towers in July as this will be my final chance to ride the 'original' Nemesis and to reflect that this is the ride that put my own Mother off from riding any inverted coasters from then on since 1997! :p Actually, I think it might be time to be reflective about all our first rides on the old girl and the moment the first bit of track is removed that we raise a wee glass of red (Nemesis blood) wine to salute the 'old' Nemesis and play a bit of Auld Lang Syne...

...Mmm, Nemesis wine...now there's an idea to sell...🤔

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.