• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
On a side note, I had a thought today... I wonder if the dead load of sand-filled track will make a difference to the footers as they were originally built?
I've been thinking about this myself. The sand will make the new track heavier, so maybe they'll reinforce the original supports a bit more?

"Nemesis comes from another dimension, a dimension beyond our imagination! Deep beneath the ground Alton Towers resort lived a strange being...

After being disturbed by workmen during routine maintenance, the monster that lay dormant was unleashed, wreaking havoc on the surrounding area. The Phalanx (an elite organisation of experts recruited from government and scientific institutions) immediately launched their extreme security division to pin down the creature and disable it

It took 250 tonnes of steel, bent and twisted around the monster, and 200 men to hold it down.

We converted the steel that imprisons the creature into the tangled rollercoaster you see here today.

When you ride Nemesis remember its history.
This is the legend.
But don't try to understand it - don't try to come to terms with it.
Don't even try to think about it.

Just sit back: it's fright time"

Why have they changed the original storyline to be that the track is what pins the creature down? I mean, it's not the end of the world when they adapt stories, but now it's a bit hard to explain why the legs of the creature look suspiciously like the steel that is restraining it :tearsofjoy:

Unless behind the scenes they are at least trying to get at least one permanent flat ride in place though it is a longshot, regardless though they are aware of the problem though its more of a case of how much more can Towers free up Merlin's purse strings?

Anyway, looking back on this video of various newsclips of Nemesis opening day and pause at 2:59, looks like Nemesis had some sort of opening ceremony thing with these masked Demon characters who I assume are the unlucky worshipers who were caught.

I know we had the Thirteen wraths a few years ago but it would be nice IMO if Nemesis had some of these characters walking around FV either to act up as building up hype for the return of the ride much like what they did with Swarm at Thorpe.

Buy those characters look so 90's with those features...I love it! :D

I got a VHS copy of the story at Nemesis X event in 2004 (still have it somewhere!) and recall a similar tale being regaled, along with some great insights into the SWs that never were.
I loved that event, still have the VHS with John Wardley’s signature somewhere. No video player anymore though!

It won't be any less. I'm fairly sure of that.

Maybe why we are potentially getting Sub Terra back in some form plus the HH refurb as they know the product is not going to be very strong without its iconic coaster for a year
According to some posters on this forum the iconic coaster at Alton Towers will still be operating (as it opened in 2013)

For me Nemesis will always be the star attraction!

I reckon the park might cope better than people expect without Nemesis.

Yes, it is high throughput, but I don’t think it’s the most popular ride on park, so I think having it closed would place less strain upon things than having, say, Smiler or Wicker Man closed for a year. A lot of people always say that Nemesis is viewed widely as the park’s star attraction, but I don’t think that’s necessarily true outside of enthusiast circles.

The issue should also be alleviated (at least partially) by having a full capacity Duel back open and the reopening of Sub Terra.

I reckon the park might cope better than people expect without Nemesis.

Yes, it is high throughput, but I don’t think it’s the most popular ride on park, so I think having it closed would place less strain upon things than having, say, Smiler or Wicker Man closed for a year. A lot of people always say that Nemesis is viewed widely as the park’s star attraction, but I don’t think that’s necessarily true outside of enthusiast circles.

The issue should also be alleviated (at least partially) by having a full capacity Duel back open and the reopening of Sub Terra.
It might not be, but Nemesis can eat a queue quicker than The Smiler and Wicker Man (this is let down due to pre show hold) and that's where it'll be missed. No major ride on park is as much of a queue muncher as Nemesis is, so pressure is going to be put on the other major coasters.

I loved that event, still have the VHS with John Wardley’s signature somewhere. No video player anymore though!

According to some posters on this forum the iconic coaster at Alton Towers will still be operating (as it opened in 2013)

For me Nemesis will always be the star attraction!

Nemmy all day.

I've been thinking about this myself. The sand will make the new track heavier, so maybe they'll reinforce the original supports a bit more?
Par of the application for legality included extending and modifying the concrete footings, probably to account for this, plus some of those footers are over-engineered as hell, so they will probably be fine.

It was just as the gate was about to open. Not sure on Galactica's status. I'm not used to seeing a queue that big for Nemesis at opening at this time of year personally. No idea why there are loads of kids here today either. Get to school you little queue fillers, you've just had 6 weeks off. Go away!!
Oh come on @BarryZola, they've been at school for 2 whole weeks and they're exhausted, they deserve a day out at a theme park! ;) 🤣

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.