• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm not sure they'd want to be doing any major heavy work before the park is properly closed either

Was so happy yesterday as my daughter had her height checked yesterday and was just over 1.4m
I’m glad I got to go on Nemesis for the 1st time in 4 years but was more happy for my daughter as last week she was upset that it was closing and she thought she would have to wait for 2024 to ride it.
Even after 28 years it’s still my favourite European coaster and glad I got to go on it with my daughter after riding with my dad in 1994.
I wonder if the old queue line with be used again as it’s in such a bad state
03C6DD25-5F2A-42CE-9D51-8E0333F35484.jpeg84079610-A5A7-4D86-A31B-C8915E153CE3.jpeg

Was so happy yesterday as my daughter had her height checked yesterday and was just over 1.4m
I’m glad I got to go on Nemesis for the 1st time in 4 years but was more happy for my daughter as last week she was upset that it was closing and she thought she would have to wait for 2024 to ride it.
Even after 28 years it’s still my favourite European coaster and glad I got to go on it with my daughter after riding with my dad in 1994.
I wonder if the old queue line with be used again as it’s in such a bad state
03C6DD25-5F2A-42CE-9D51-8E0333F35484.jpeg84079610-A5A7-4D86-A31B-C8915E153CE3.jpeg
If this is the blocked off line at the turnaround of the queue just before the station entrance, that is 1 season's worth of growth, at the beginning of this season you could've walked all the way up those paths (if you were allowed to)

Does anyone have photos of that part of line in use or when it last was ? Did it join up to the que that is still accessible opposite the loop ( car park side as I call it )

My son is 8 and hit the magic 1.4m mark a few weeks ago. He can't wait for his ride on Nemmy in October. Hopefully a night ride too.
That’s brilliant, I am jealous. My nearly 10 year old still has about 15cm or so to go before hitting 1.4. Hoping she will be big enough by the time Nemesis reopens in 2024.

When did the old extended queue line stop being used? Was it when Air was being built?

The queue changes might be as early as 1999 when Virtual Queue (worked the same as the orignal Disney FastPass) was introduced. I think the merge point has been the bottom of the pit area ever since and as you don't want a long queue after the virtual queue or fasttrack merge that would have caused that section of queue to no longer be used.

The new for 1999 virtual queue is shown in this video at 1.25

It shows the ticket being issued for Oblivion but confirms it is available on Oblivion and Nemesis.

That’s brilliant, I am jealous. My nearly 10 year old still has about 15cm or so to go before hitting 1.4. Hoping she will be big enough by the time Nemesis reopens in 2024.

When did the old extended queue line stop being used? Was it when Air was being built?

I'm sure she will be. My lad takes after me. I'm 6:5 so he was always going to be a giant. He's actually taller than a lot of the lads in year 5 in his school despite him being in year 4.

original.png
I believe the original queue lines were something like the above.
Area 1 (yellow) from entrance to station
Area 2 (blue) loop behind the entrance
Area 3 (red) loop underneath the monorail and back to the entrance
Area 4 (purple) loops around the stall turn
Area 5 (green) extends area 4 towards the lift

new.png
I don't know when they changed but by 2002 it had reduced to pretty much what it is today, only three areas approximately like this. Area 3 now being in orange which is an extension to area 2.

(Note: the routes shown are my best guess and not guaranteed to be exactly right)

At some point in the last few years they added an additional gate at the top of the stairs in area 2 so people don't have to walk the full length of that queue line. That section might even have its own area number now.

Areas 4 and 5 certainly would have gone at the point the Virtual-Q was introduced.

I'm sure she will be. My lad takes after me. I'm 6:5 so he was always going to be a giant. He's actually taller than a lot of the lads in year 5 in his school despite him being in year 4.
My little bro hit 1.4m just before he turned 7, think he's a bit like me I did all my growing as a kid I was 6'6 at 15 and haven't grown since.

He hasn't gone towers yet but loves everything at drayton, first time he did apocalypse last year got off saying that was awesome.

I think the blue route was the original, then they added the red route in year two or three, which meant an added hour to the original route, before you got to the original queueline.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.