• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Would be nice in the outside queue graveyard that they put up a few more gravestones for many of the past rides in the park with their own tounge in cheek reasons as why they past away. They have already done it in the Vampire queue with that gravestone for Bubbleworks so they could do the same here.

Maybe something like 'here lies Charlie 2006 - 2016. Died of diabetes.'

Or 'here lies Corkscrew 1980 - 2008. Screwed itself over'.

So many black comedy you could have fun with there. :p

And yes, here is another - 'The Flume 1981 to 2015. Murdered by bloodthirsty demon duck of terror.'

Would be nice in the outside queue graveyard that they put up a few more gravestones for many of the past rides in the park with their own tounge in cheek reasons as why they past away. They have already done it in the Vampire queue with that gravestone for Bubbleworks so they could do the same here.

Maybe something like 'here lies Charlie 2006 - 2016. Died of diabetes.'

Or 'here lies Corkscrew 1980 - 2008. Screwed itself over'.

So many black comedy you could have fun with there. :p

And yes, here is another - 'The Flume 1981 to 2015. Murdered by bloodthirsty demon duck of terror.'
That never actually moved;);)

'Here lies Toyland Tours 1994-2005. Played around too much.'
EDIT: Oops, originally put 1992-2005. Seems like a classic mistake Merlin would make though!

Last edited:
I don't really want to engage in unofficial moderating, but can we perhaps get on topic? We don't want all these posts to be deleted do we?

I’m going to save Craig another moan and do it instead. Can we please avoid drifting off topic when the discussions are so busy anyway? The occasional jokey post is fine of course, but half a page of the same tired repeated joke isn’t funny and makes the topic difficult to read.

There’s also no need to back seat moderate - we have the report function for that (thank you to those who use it).

I’m enjoying the topic of discussion why is there always someone saying “stay on topic” Are you speaking on regards to yourself? As like myself and I’m sure many others that don’t necessarily reply all the time, we still enjoy the read and the jokes! Who’s to say what’s on topic and not? Its all related in someway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m enjoying the topic of discussion why is there always someone saying “stay on topic” Are you speaking on regards to yourself? As like myself and I’m sure many others that don’t necessarily reply all the time, we still enjoy the read and the jokes! Who’s to say what’s on topic and not? Its all related in someway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ultimately a forum like TowersStreet is a discussion forum and we like our threads to be full of good quality discussion that flows, does not go round in circles and is meaningful. This can be seen in the "make your post count" section of our Member Expectations.

That's not to say we don't like jokes, of course we do! And we allow for these, but we don't want threads to descend in to endless posts of joke after joke. We do of course have the Tavern for any and all less serious discussion.

Also from a personal point of view, in the age of social media I always like to think that you can go and read and/or contribute to better discussion on topics of interest on a forum than you would see on say Facebook or Twitter. It is important to maintain that difference.

Anyway, this itself is most certainly off topic, but I hope it provides some clarity.

According the this article in the Daily Star (so it must be true) there is to be a one day ‘pop up event’ in London as part of the promotion for the new ride:

Fans of the eerie can get complimentary tickets to an extraordinary experience as Alton Towers Resort is launching a pop-up haunted dolls house.

The mysterious giant dolls house is coming to the capital on Wednesday 15 February during half-term.

It’s been created tease the launch of the theme park’s newest dark ride, The Curse at Alton Manor, which launches this spring.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.