• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They have managed to squeeze that world’s first in there somewhere ;)

7C7AB566-3CD6-44E7-B696-8B6121B01BE7.jpeg
If Merlin bought up the M&D's site and turn it into a legit theme park, I could see them saying 'World's First actually good Scottish theme park' which TBH would be an achievement in its own right. :p

If Merlin bought up the M&D's site and turn it into a legit theme park, I could see them saying 'World's First actually good Scottish theme park' which TBH would be an achievement in its own right. :p

It depends on whether you can name a single theme park that Merlin have improved?

Anyway, back on topic, it looks like the giant Doll's House stuff is actually true. I'm happy about that if that's the case because it sounds interesting. There's your "Worlds First" everyone.

From what we saw of the earlier marketing activities, where journalists were sent dolls that literally “popped up” from the box, perhaps the “pop-up dolls house” is a bit of a double entendre!

It depends on whether you can name a single theme park that Merlin have improved?

Anyway, back on topic, it looks like the giant Doll's House stuff is actually true. I'm happy about that if that's the case because it sounds interesting. There's your "Worlds First" everyone.
Even Merlin couldn't screw up M&D's further the same way the Taylors have done...actually even them use black coaster track and painting everything purple there would be a major improvement all round which tells you how awful the place is.

But on topic with the doll's house theme, can't help but think that it might be named after the lost Beatles album (actually the original name of the White Album) called 'A Doll's House'...then again likely Merlin would have choked at the IP price for using The Beatles! :p

Sorry to double post here but this recently uploaded clip regarding the opening of KC and the HH does say something rather interesting at 1:12 about a haunted dolls house and Emily Alton driven insane by the head in the fireplace...

Given the confirmation of a Doll's House theme and how likely Emily will have a major role for Alton Manor, can't help but notice how it is making me think that the theme of the new ride has been hinted even as far back at 1992. Yes it might be just some stunning coincidence but give the new theme of the ride, you can't help but think about it more about how it seems to line up with what we have now.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
Coincidence, perhaps. That said giving the new theme for the ride and what the story might be of Emily Alton's revenge, it is quite funny that that newspiece didn't realise that they called the plot of the new ride some 30 years later.

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 20.58.55.png
Looks like the crypt is leaving! (From SquaddingQuads' latest video)

EDIT: Also sort of looks like one of the boards on the left side of the old Nitrogen unit has been removed?
Does the video show something beyond what's seen in the image?

The image seems to suggest that everything that has not already gone, will be staying? If the whole crypt was going, they almost certainly would have removed the railings that surround it first.

Im still really confused on what's going on at the front of the facade with that wall of bricks.
Best guess right now would be some sort of decorative entrance feature, possibly the ride signage will be located there.

Does the video show something beyond what's seen in the image?

The image seems to suggest that everything that has not already gone, will be staying? If the whole crypt was going, they almost certainly would have removed the railings that surround it first.

Best guess right now would be some sort of decorative entrance feature, possibly the ride signage will be located there.
Well, if you look carefully, the houses doors are sealed off by some flat surface, probably to protect it from the construction work.

As for the wall of bricks, it'd be a very odd choice to put the signage there when they have the now open tomb to do that. It could just be them constructing it outside the tomb for accessibility then craning it into place, but IDK, this is just my speculation.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.